Hello from Texas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diagft32

Reaction score
Just introducing myself here. I've been reading for a few weeks and thought I would post something. I have brewed several extract with grains brews, but after my next one(I already have the ingrediants) I will be going all-grain. I've built a MLT for batch sparging, and just need a burner and larger boiling pot. I'm sure I will have questions once I brew my first all-grain, but I prefer to glean as much info as possible and then do it. That way, I'm asking about what went wrong instead of what *might* go wrong. I have found, though, that this site is evil. What was once a fairly cheap hobby has been tainted by you guys. My Kenmore elite will be delivered today, then I will need to buy the parts to make a keggerator out of it. Also, I used to be happy just brewing with extract...that's out the window now. So, I thank you for all I've read so far, but my wife probably doesn't :)

Welcome! There a lots of folks here from Texas. Was born in Austin myself and still have many relatives in the state, including my retired parents. I'll be visiting them near Austin in April.

Here's a thread I began on going AG when I did it back in June, 2005.

Thanks for the link. I, too was born in Austin, but moved to the Hill Country a few years ago. Austin is a great place, but I prefer living out here really. I am near Kerrville. Again, thank you for the welcome.

Texas...that is East, right? I heard of it once. Something about boots and chaps I think. Lone Star and Pearl. Fourth letter from the end of the alphebet too.

Oh well, welcome amigo!

Howdy and I agree that the Kerrville area is very nice. I live south of Austin outside of Buda and would like to buy some land out yonder way for retirement some day. Welcome aboard and my SWMBO has simply shaken her head at some of my purchases or projects.

Back