This thermocouple??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickflip_mj

Reaction score
so i want to buy a thermocouple for my love controller and its the kind were you can set a desired temp and see the change, i think double din. but i was wondering if anyone has used this type of thermocouple and does it have to be screwed into a probe or can it directly be screwed in to monitor my wort temperatuse on my rims setup? , and if so is it just standard threads??

http://cgi.ebay.com/K-Type-Thermoco...50926QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

That "should" work. But not positive. The one that comes with the Love controller has two leads as does this one listed. All that thermocouple does is send an electrical signal to the controller that power-cycles a contact board sending power to a contact to control a third party device. It really is a 'switch' rather than a controller. It isn't controlling heat or anything, its just using a temperature reading to switch power.

Do you not have the thermocouple that came with the LOVE controller ?

Which model Love controller do you have? The most common one that homebrewers use (ts-13010) uses a thermistor.

i bought i think the A16, i actually got it off ebay for super cheap and brand new, it didnt have the thermo though so i was actually looking for one that would work i just dont feel like spending a **** load of money.

Back