Ranco controller - no LCD display

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
Just wired up my Ranco controller and I'm getting notta on the display. I'm going to go re-check the connections but power is coming in when checking with the meter. Might take a pic and post it to be sure but I can read schematics :).

Any thoughts out there?

A little fuzzy but, looking good for those that have wired one up?

IMG_2877.JPG

Pisser. Works only on NC connection. This is one of those time eBay purchases suck :mad:.

Maybe too blurry and too late.

3712-CIMG0009.JPG

This is the NB prewired version.

Tan wires on top are from the wall.
Tan wires on the bottom are to the fridge.

Thanks man; I'll see if I can rationalize that pic. Going to the garage to bring the live version on in...

A little hard to see with the 3 wire nuts they got going on in there. I got an idea although unlikely; I'm going to use some short leads like they did instead of doubling up the wires going into the inputs. Nothing better to do for now.

Edit - nope; p!ssed.

Ok, I'll keep this post for future reference on how NOT to wire this in. Input is on the block on the middle right, output or the unit you are trying to control (load) is on the bottom left. No more drinking whilst reading schematics :eek:.

On a good note if you do make this mistake it doesn't smoke the unit.

Back