need help selecting fittings for single burner rims build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badmajon

Reaction score
Hello, I am currently building a very simple direct fired RIMS based on a keggle to be used with my current BIAB setup. I have a banjo burner and a low pressure regulator/orifice along with a low pressure kenmore VR8200A2132 solenoid. I have other stuff too of course like transformer, controller etc but my question here has to do with fittings. I live overseas so unlike most of you, I can't just go to home depot and physically try out all the fittings.

The VR8200 has two 1/2" FPT fittings. The end of the regulator hose is 3/8" female flare, and the orifice on the burner is 3/8" male flare.

I'm guessing I need something that will take the 3/8" female flare fitting at the end of the regulator hose and convert it to 1/2" MPT. Then, on the other side of the solenoid, I need something that starts out 1/2" MPT and ends in a 3/8" female flare fitting in order to connect to the orifice on the burner.

I'm just doing a sanity check here to make sure I'm not missing something. It literally takes a month each time I order something from the states, so, please think it over and tell me if I'm missing something.

Latest posts

Back