RIP Roddy Piper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80's wrestling was great as a kid...

Piper.jpg

Roddy was a hoot to watch back in the day when it was still WWF. And who can ever forget his role in the movie They Live ? "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass....and I'm out of bubble gum."

RIP bro, I grew up in and around central Florida and saw and met Mr. Piper on numerous occasions as a kid. The man certainly had his demons, but was ALWAYS friendly and kind to others. "They Live", as cheesy as it was still was IMHO a great movie of the time: "I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Too many good guys going far too young.

He was a major investor in an Irish pub set to open in the coming months in New Castle Indiana.
He was here in town a few months ago for a fund raiser.
Didn't make it up to meet him. Bummer

Roddy was a hoot to watch back in the day when it was still WWF. And who can ever forget his role in the movie They Live ? "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass....and I'm out of bubble gum."

Yep, horrible movie but I watched it because I liked his WWF character. Who else had a talk show that erupted in fist fighting after the first 60 seconds? LOL

Back