Knoxville beer scene

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuinrearview

Reaction score
Sooooo, my work is sending me for some training in TN for two weeks starting the 17th of January. I'll be staying in Maryville, just south of Knoxville. I'll have limited car access since a group of us are taking a company vehicle down.

Where do I HAVE to visit in Knoxville? Any brewers around there need any help with a brewday the weekend of the 22nd? I gotta make the best of this visit by either checking out the local beer scene or meeting some fellow HBTers. Doing both would be even better!

There are a couple of small breweries in the area. Smokey Mtn, Downtown and a couple of others. Smokey Mtn now has a place open in Maryville at the Target shopping area at the intersection of 321 and 129. For a place that has a good selection of craft brews you can try the Roaming Gnome that is located just bout a mile down 129 from Target.

Maryville is about a 30 minute drive south of Knoxville. Knoxville has the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. If you don't mind driving a bit (1 hr) you can visit the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. Nice towns nestled in the heart of the mtns. Has several tourist attractions.

I am not planning on brewing during that time. But could probably still be able to meet up if you would like and have a brew or two :mug: Give me a shout

What kind of training are you coming into town for?

Thanks for the info Ktown. I'll be at Denso recieving training on four and six axis robots. I wish so much that we were coming in warmer months so that I could ride my Ducati down. I've been to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg when I was younger. I'm not sure how much access I'll have to our vehicle but would definately like to meet up with some peeps if we can work it out.

Thanks for the info Ktown. I'll be at Denso recieving training on four and six axis robots. I wish so much that we were coming in warmer months so that I could ride my Ducati down. I've been to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg when I was younger. I'm not sure how much access I'll have to our vehicle but would definately like to meet up with some peeps if we can work it out.

Smokey Mtn. makes pretty good stuff. I would for sure give them a look.

I just did a quick search on ratebeer and jeebus! I'm being sent to a craft beer wasteland! How can a city that size not support a brewery? The only one there quit making beer in '07? Maybe I'm just spoiled here in "The Great Beer State" where I can drive from my home (in the sticks) to one of four breweries within 30 minutes. Please please tell me there's more!

I grew up in Oak Ridge and spent my college years (ETSU) in downtown Knoxville going to CC and DBG. Without those two places I never would have got into brewing myself. So don't bad talk Knoxville too much :p

Back