Burner not lighting correctly PLZ help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I tested my burners today to see if they light and they arent working correctly.

Im working on a brutus build and i bought jet burners and used the pattern in this picture. There was 1 difference, I had the top center and bottom center jets in.
brew_0051.jpg
Could that be messing up the rest of them lighting? Also, some of them light and then go out then light again then go out.. im not sure what the deal is.

I was able to get all the ones on my BKT burner to light (by hand), and it works fine now.. but I wont be able to get all the jets to light off the pilot on the MLT and HLT. Any suggestions?

The outer ring jet patten is not perfect.
Jets should face each other.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

I actually found a way to fix it... Do nothing.

I found that when I put the keg back on top the burner it will trap gas for a couple seconds then they all light.

I have to test it with my pilot once i figure out how to get gas from my 1/2 inch valve to the 8mmx1mm pitch pilot

you may be too close to the keg bottom though... If you are getting that much trapped propane I'd be carefull. I have a similar problem but what I do for now, is to just let it run... but instead of pluggin them with the screws... I'm going to plug the hole with Metal loctite!! That stuff is the shiz...

My new house has a Natural gas tap outside, I may see if someone has the jets and wants to swap out. Then I can just leave them all unplugged and shouldnt have to worry about it.

you may be too close to the keg bottom though... If you are getting that much trapped propane I'd be carefull. I have a similar problem but what I do for now, is to just let it run... but instead of pluggin them with the screws... I'm going to plug the hole with Metal loctite!! That stuff is the shiz...

Might need another repair to the hubble..... How the hell did this keggle smash into the solar panels??!?

Back