Another Central Texan--from Aggieland!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy from Aggieland! I started my first brew Sunday and am hoping to go to secondary this coming Sunday. I kind of have two-three LHBS, DeFalco's in Houston, Austin Homebrew Supply, and Homebrew Headquarters in Richardson (depending on where I am traveling that week for work).

One question I have though, it seems that the cold temps where I have my fermenter stored has "stalled" fermentation. It bubbled like a champ for about 3 days, then POOF, no bubbles. I put a heating pad around it, but it didnt' seem to help. What should one do, and am I out of luck, or can it recover?

I am using a bock kit and added 1 lb DME and 1 lb corn sugar per instructions from Homebrew hdqrtrs.

welcome to hbt. don't worry about your bubbles. take a hydrometer reading in a couple of days and see where you stand. it's probably almost done.

Welcome and like said eariler, take a reading because fermentation can happen in 2 to 3 days depending on yeast strain and other conditions. Mine typically go strong for 48 to 72 hours then slow drastically.

Welcome! If I had to pick three LHBSs to surround me, I just might pick those. Not bad!

And, I agree about the fermentation. It might just be done. Check it and find out.

TL

Ryanh1801 said:
Welcome to HBT.. Not sure if this place has anymore room for more aggies though. :p
Eeeeasy!!!

Welcome aboard Jodster. There's a few other local brewers I can get you in touch with. Several of us are actually getting together tomorrow. A few of us will be brewing some AG batches, and a few just to hang out. You're more than welcome to stop by and meet some of the guys. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers :mug:

Back