Beer for Stuff. What Have You Traded For???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnyjim

Reaction score
How many people here have traded beer for something OTHER than beer? I am sure many people here are hoarders and can barely keep enough to self medicate, however what unique things in life have you traded for your precious brew?

To start, I have traded beer for:

- rides to work
- deer hides for self tanning
- fresh cuban cigars
- moose, deer, goose, and wild turkey meats
- help for household projects ofcouse

You're not actually trading for these things per se, right? You're just much more willing to share homebrew with the people that hook you up with these things is what I'm reading.

Since bartering with homebrew is illegal, at least here in the US of A.

But that said, I'm much more gratuitous with my homebrew to people who let me borrow tools, textbooks, or let me crash at their place after a night out than I am normally. I figure I can return the favor way down the road, or while it's still fresh on my mind just say thanks with a 6er or so. Most people don't mind that kind of thank you note.

I haven't traded my own beer for anything, but I've been paid in beer quite a few times. It's usually for a service, like repairing electronics/computers. I think bartering for services and goods is great.

It is against federal law to barter with home brew. Per this forums rules we do not discuss felonies on the boards. This thread is DOOMED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back