brewing with keggles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootay

Reaction score
several questions here that i havent found.

do you guys have to modify your burners to sit a keggle on it? i have a regular, square turkey fryer. just wanted to make sure it would tip over.

Also, i mainly do 5 gallon batches, would a keggle still work alright? i would like to be able to do some 10 gallon batches in teh future, which is why im looking at keggle brewing.

does anyone have any instructions for making a burner stand? i have a few extra burners, but they dont have the stand, its just a burner and regulator.

sorry for the dumb questions!

thanks!

My keggle will not fit on the top of my burner so I bought a replacement grill bottom for a Webber grill and set it on top of the burner. It is about 1" bigger all around then the burner and the keggle fits great on it. No tipping issues anymore.

I primarily brew 5gal batches in my keggle. The only issue I had was making sure that my Hop Sock was large/long enough to reach the wort.
It works great for 5 and 10gal.
Good luck!

Back