***Champagne bubbles in beer?***

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpenguin

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've had a few beers that have what I would refer to as champagne bubbles. Much smaller feeling mouthfeel bubbles and more of them. Champagne vs beer clearly have different mouth feels bubble wise. the Deus and the De Dolle Boskeun come to mind when I think of beers with champagne bubbles. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I could produce these champagne like bubbles in my own beers.

I would imagine it has something to do with the type or amount of priming sugars or the type/amount of yeast...

Any help/suggestions/or observations would be great!

Thanks

First, welcome to the board! I presume you are bottling? I've dealt mostly with ales and used Nottingham yeast. The main things I've found to be of importance are: having a good start on fermentation, using the correct amount of priming sugar (3/4 cup), and finally, letting the beer mature. I typically leave it in the bottle for a month even if I've secondaried it. I'm sure others will chime in. Luck - Dwain

Champagne gets its mouthfeel from a dry final product and increased carbonic volume.

To dry it out mash low and slow, then get some of your alcohols from simple sugars.

To bottle at higher pressures, use Belgium 750ml bottle and corks. Aim for 4.5 - 6 volumes of CO2.

Latest posts

Back