Anyone Store Their Hops In Foodsaver Canisters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcb317

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just snagged a bunch of these canisters as pictured below for $3.99 a pop, does anybody have any experience using them for hop storage?

41RZVSX29BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Air tight is the way to go, I'd just do something to make it so they dont let light in. Maybe a coat of spraypaint. Those look a lot easier than cutting open/re-sealing bags every time you want some hops.

Where'd you score those things?

I may or may not store a close cousin of hops in similar containers. In this hypothetical situation they work great.

I use them for coffee beans mostly. I buy hops by the pound, most of the time, so I'd need a whole bunch of the canisters...not worth it. I just use the rolls/bags for mine. But for small quantities, these work great.

I use these:

Airtight

You can buy them at Wal-Mart, JCPenny, Amazon.com, QVC, etc. They work great. Especially if you want to use the hops on a regular basis.

I have a food saver also and when I do make a 5 pound hop purchase I will be using that to seal up the contents in 1 pound packs.

Back