Single Tier 3 Burner Gas hookup parts list wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanmcl

Reaction score
Hello Friends- I like many am in the process of building a single tier three burner stand. I have everything ready to go minus the gas hook up. I will be using (3) BG-14 high pressure burners from Agri Supply.

Bg-14 High Pressure Cast Iron Burner

I see these burners are very common but have not found much in the way of a "complete" assembly.

If anyone is willing to share what parts they used to get from Propane tank to Burner that would be excellent.

Thanks!

A lot of it will depend on how you want it plumbed, valved, lit, etc.

I bought a set of two BG-14's that came with a the orifices, 40psi reg, and a single hose. I plumbed my rig with 1/4" copper, with brass ball valves at each burner which are manually lit.

It's getting late here so i didn't go into super detail but here's a quick diagram of my plumbing. Depending on where you source the fittings sometimes they come as a "set", for instance the t-joint came with 3 compression fittings but i've seen them sold separately as well.

Remember you don't need 1" tubing to supply your gas. The entire amount of gas flows through the tiny orifice on the regulator, 1/4" is way more than enough. It's cheap too. But i've seen dryer gas piping used because it's easy and come with connectors. Other folks use 1" steel piping as a way to mount the burners. Or you can use the structural tubing of the rig to move gas. Or...

Other options: pilot lights, electric start.

propane-plumbing.jpg

P1010880.jpg

Different size burners but the same hook up.

BanjoCopper.jpg

P1000976-1.jpg

BTW: that's 1/2" iron pipe. It's the most common size pipe. Do not use galvanized pipe, zinc does not play well with propane. You want your manifold to be larger just like the pipe coming to your house. On the distribution side you you only need 1/4".

Back