Threads on Cornie Keg - Need Help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Dub

Reaction score
Friends,

I found myself in an odd position the other day.

After cleaning 2 kegs the posts for the "in" on one keg and the "out" on the other would not thread back on. I have tried different fittings and nothing will go back on these posts. I do not remember hitting them with the wrench when taking them off, so I do not know what could have happened.

What I do need to know is how to fix them. Tap and die set?

This ever happen to anyone else??

Thank you.

I am not an expert but I think the posts may have different thread sizes depending on the manufacturer. I don't think they are all interchangeable. There are Cornelius and Firestone kegs. Did you take all 4 off at once? They may have gotten mixed up in the process. If you got them off they should go back on.

All my kegs are Cornies. All my posts fit on every keg except 2. I think the threads got fouled somehow.

So after some research I found out that I need to get a Tight-Spot Hex Rethreading Die Set from McMaster Carr.

What I need from you guys is what size are Cornie brand post threads. I am at work and do not have access to my kegs.

Anyone have that info????

Thanks

So it is to bad that the thread size is 19/32.

McMaster Carr does not have that size.:(

Sorry to hear about your problem- I don't see how they could get that messed up; probably swapped some how? I don't know about your cornies, but 4 out of five of mine, the gas in post have the multi-point star socket, and the out post are regular sockets. They should be the same size/thread, but I would disassemble and try getting the ones that don't fit to fit wherever then can..

I always toss the post/poppets into the keg with the starsan solution to ensure I keep them with that corny to ensure I have the best chances of assembling an airtight keg (just be careful when you dump/transfer the solution). A little late, but something to keep in mind in the future... Best of luck, sorry I can't offer more.

Back