What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the DIPA theme, when I was buying my nutritious lunch, I saw Bells Oracle and Bells Mars. Which should I buy when I return to that store?

On the DIPA theme, when I was buying my nutritious lunch, I saw Bells Oracle and Bells Mars. Which should I buy when I return to that store?

I liked Mars more than Oracle but YMMV.

If you want a simple & tasty brew, do a SMaSH DIPA. All Marris Otter (just use enough to get to your OG) paired with Citra (enough at the start to bitter, but mostly late additions, whirlpool & dry-hop.)

More water. Tuesdays are home are so much nicer (although I have to make the trip tomorrow)

2-row
little crystal (45)
Sugar

Crap load of hops.

do i win?

How did you guys know my recipe?

On my most brewed one I replaced the crystal with honey malt. centennial through the boil and dry hopped the hell out of it with simco. Good stuff.

Still on the coffee. Beer time cannot come soon enough today.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I do enjoy some Maris Otter in an IPA but I wouldn't use only that as I prefer the hops to come through and less malt... Taste is subjective though. I use 2row with a touch of Munich and crystal 60 for color. I Always, ALWAYS add at least 1lb of sugar/5gal batch at the end of the boil to help it dry out. I like to bitter with Columbus and then add a metric assload of citra, amarillo, and simcoe in the last 15 mins of the boil and dryhop with them all right before kegging. One of my favorite beers to make and one I haven't made in far too long...

To stay on topic, more cawfeh

I liked Mars more than Oracle but YMMV.

If you want a simple & tasty brew, do a SMaSH DIPA. All Marris Otter (just use enough to get to your OG) paired with Citra (enough at the start to bitter, but mostly late additions, whirlpool & dry-hop.)

More water. Tuesdays are home are so much nicer (although I have to make the trip tomorrow)

That just got put on my to-do list. I like the idea if smash beers... Just don't often like my results.

I do enjoy some Maris Otter in an IPA but I wouldn't use only that as I prefer the hops to come through and less malt... Taste is subjective though. I use 2row with a touch of Munich and crystal 60 for color. I Always, ALWAYS add at least 1lb of sugar/5gal batch at the end of the boil to help it dry out. I like to bitter with Columbus and then add a metric assload of citra, amarillo, and simcoe in the last 15 mins of the boil and dryhop with them all right before kegging. One of my favorite beers to make and one I haven't made in far too long...

To stay on topic, more cawfeh

Right on. I use sugar only for DIPAs and not regular IPAs. I usually go with US 2-row, as Maris Otter a stronger grainy/malty for an IPA, in my opinion. I bitter exclusively with Columbus and tend to add most of my hops in the last 10 minutes of the boil. US-05, Conan, English Ale yeast are my go-to.

Right on. I use sugar only for DIPAs and not regular IPAs. I usually go with US 2-row, as Maris Otter a stronger grainy/malty for an IPA, in my opinion. I bitter exclusively with Columbus and tend to add most of my hops in the last 10 minutes of the boil. US-05, Conan, English Ale yeast are my go-to.

I should clarify, I only use sugar for IIPAs, never for an IPA. I also add sugar to most all of my blegian beers, made a dark candi sugar for a dubbel that we brewed as a collab with a brewery that is opening this month and I will be doing that lots more. Well worth the time and effort.

I should clarify, I only use sugar for IIPAs, never for an IPA. I also add sugar to most all of my blegian beers, made a dark candi sugar for a dubbel that we brewed as a collab with a brewery that is opening this month and I will be doing that lots more. Well worth the time and effort.

Same here regarding Belgians, including Saisons.

I'm getting the itch to brew again.

Water after a monster workout.
10689590_10153227085357178_5133417635130626915_n.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410893463.227014.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410893489.234589.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410893505.153160.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410893523.119881.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410893538.467281.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410893554.705829.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410893571.504221.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410893589.089522.jpg
Last pic is my Galaxy/Citra ipa probably the best ipa i've ever made if I cared about competitions and such I would enter it because it's amazing. These are just a few of the many I have been drinking lately.

Welcome back, Buck.

Two weeks old. Still smells incredible from the Mosaic dry-hop. This is a ridiculously-hopped Lager. Incredible.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410894342.283308.jpg

Welcome back, Buck.

Two weeks old. Still smells incredible from the Mosaic dry-hop. This is a ridiculously-hopped Lager. Incredible.
View attachment 224281
Thanks I was having a hard time staying on topic so I bowed out until I could get my head out of my ass. I forgot there were "beer people" in this thread so I'll try to do better from now on. Drinking this right now.
beer.jpg

The Funkmeister; my Brett Saison.

Ximena Cordoba. Jesus Christ.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410897653.133347.jpg

Thanks I was having a hard time staying on topic so I bowed out until I could get my head out of my ass. I forgot there were "beer people" in this thread so I'll try to do better from now on. Drinking this right now.

View attachment 224291

Doesn't matter to me, man. We can't forget that we all drink and post here. Stuff's bound to get out of control occasionally. It's fine. Keep it coming! Go Niners!

Also grabbed some more NEBCO, homer stuff, for vacation next week. Gandhi, 668, Elm City and the Hag are coming with me to the beach!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410898861.707350.jpg
Damn this is gone too soon. Inspired by guys like Remmy and ChefRex always brewing I got busy brewing myself. I almost never have all 4 taps going but thanks to brewing 7 beers in 6 weeks I do right now.

View attachment 224294
Damn this is gone too soon. Inspired by guys like Remmy and ChefRex always brewing I got busy brewing myself. I almost never have all 4 taps going but thanks to brewing 7 beers in 6 weeks I do right now.

Atta boy. I love this thread. Sometimes I don't fit in because I don't drink five 750 mls a day of The Bruery (really 3 ounces each because I share the bottle with every fashionista in town) or simply can't afford it. Or fly across the country for a bottle of beer. I apologize for not living up to certain peoples' standards. Psych.

I'm still cool even though I drink cheap beer. :fro:

Then my unfermented Trinidadian style ginger beer qualifies! No alcohol. A little too sweet, for me; but it does have a nice ginger flavor and it's refreshing...no heat.

Note: crab apples and disposers don't mix well. Clogged sinks...2 attempts to "snake" and 1-1/2 large bottles of Liquid Plumber later and still clogged.

DSC05738.jpg

Atta boy. I love this thread. Sometimes I don't fit in because I don't drink five 750 mls a day of The Bruery (really 3 ounces each because I share the bottle with every fashionista in town) or simply can't afford it. Or fly across the country for a bottle of beer. I apologize for not living up to certain peoples' standards. Psych.

I'm still cool even though I drink cheap beer. :fro:

Seriously? I want some of that "cheap beer" Gandhi bot, sea hag etc. I'll never see those here in Ohio. Btw not only do you fit in but you're the star of the show here bro.

Latest posts

Back