First batch LME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tutsbrew

Reaction score
There. My very first batch (an ale of my own build) is in the 63 degree basement all pretty with it's very own air-lock on top of the bucket. Used LME and some crystal malt (steeped), some bittering hops and some flavor hops at various times in the boil. The kitchen is (finally) cleaned up and supplies washed and put away. Now, the waiting...

I might add that I had about 14 and a half questions about this process and found the answers right here at this forum. Thanx! :mug:

Johnsand, i can see how it not only gets more interesting but addicting! So you have 3 batches running now?

I finnished the batch around 7 pm last night, this morning at 9 I looked at it, the air lock was bubbling as if it were boiling! ...Gunna be a monster. :drunk:

Have fun dude

...what can I say? :ban: :mug: :rockin:

Oh, and it's dubbed "Tilly Spit Ale". That's Tilly, my lil' Min Pin!

That's great! I've produced some good beer, and some that I poured down the drain. But I have a couple of (small) batches fermenting, and a few cases conditioning. And finally a stock in the fridge to drink.

That's great! I've produced some good beer, and some that I poured down the drain. But I have a couple of (small) batches fermenting, and a few cases conditioning. And finally a stock in the fridge to drink.

Hehe, I should be a lil' more honest here... My first, first batch (before the above mentioned in the [my] OP) was dumped as well. I dropped a very unsanitized 'blue-ice' pack into the cooled wort & in a flipp'n panic I used my bare hand to fish it out. I did not want to sit here for weeks until the first taste wondering if it was ruined... So I did another brew the following weekend. Ahhh, sweet relief of no longer bearing the lie! :)

Hehe, I should be a lil' more honest here... My first, first batch (before the above mentioned in the [my] OP) was dumped as well. I dropped a very unsanitized 'blue-ice' pack into the cooled wort & in a flipp'n panic I used my bare hand to fish it out. I did not want to sit here for weeks until the first taste wondering if it was ruined... So I did another brew the following weekend. Ahhh, sweet relief of no longer bearing the lie! :)

:D
I've had plenty of mistakes. I taught myself to drive, sail, repair cars, houses and boats. This pastime is my slowest learning curve. Too much beer is dulling my thought processes.

Back