Question about fermenters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew_101

Reaction score
I have just got into homebrewing and I am hooked!! I am going to my LHBS this evening and they have Brew House kits. I was going to try the honey blonde ale kit. One question. the instructions call for a 10 gal fermenter I have an ale pail I was wondering if I rigged up a blow off tube would my 6.5 gal plastic fermenter work. Thanks for any suggestions

I have just got into homebrewing and I am hooked!! I am going to my LHBS this evening and they have Brew House kits. I was going to try the honey blonde ale kit. One question. the instructions call for a 10 gal fermenter I have an ale pail I was wondering if I rigged up a blow off tube would my 6.5 gal plastic fermenter work. Thanks for any suggestions

If it calls for a 10 gallon fermenter, then it's probably not a recipe kit for a 5 gallon batch.. It maybe for a ten gallon kit? I have never heard of a recipe that called for a 10 gallon fermenter.

Hmm...I have yet to try Brew House, but that doesn't sound right.

If you got it locally, check with the LHBS and/or email Brew House for clarification!

Update us when you find out.

Pogo

Brewhouse produces six US gallons and ferments violently. There's a a guy here who recently posted a thread about a 'mess' caused. One of those 7.9g wine pails would probably suffice. With what you have, you'd definitely need a blowoff-- and use a wide tube! Even then, you'll likely lose some beer.

Latest posts

Back