Belgian Golden Strong Yeast Choice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belgian Golden Strong Yeast Choice

• WLP500 / Wyeast 1214

• WLP530 / Wyeast 3787

• WLP 540 / Wyeast 1762

• Wyeast 3864

• Wyeast 3711

• Some Combination

Results are only viewable after voting.

dcp27

Reaction score
I'm mashing a Belgian golden strong right now and can't decide which of the yeast strains I have to use. Which one of these would you use?

I'll be making a starter in a few hours and pitching tomorrow

My choice would be either 1762 or 3787.

I did a Tripel recently with both 1214 & 3787 that is very tasty so that can be another choice.

I did a quad with wlp500 and 3787 and it is also amazing... the trick with the goldens is to really dry em out. There's a good Duvel clone on here, you should look at that to see what others did

I did a quad with wlp500 and 3787 and it is also amazing... the trick with the goldens is to really dry em out. There's a good Duvel clone on here, you should look at that to see what others did

Seems like 3 of us had the same idea since wlp500 and 1214 are the same strain.

None of the above. I'd use Wy1388. Any of the ones listed will make the beer taste like a tripel or a saison.

None of the above. I'd use Wy1388. Any of the ones listed will make the beer taste like a tripel or a saison.

I agree, 1388 would be ideal, but I didn't feel like going to the store just for yeast when I had so many on hand. If it turns into a tripel, it turns into a tripel.

Back