Home brewing leads to greater Beer appreciation.........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnslater

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just getting my pipeline started and plan to start my second batch tomorrow. I've noticed that over the past two weeks since brewing my first batch, I have a much greater appreciation for the flavors in beer that I drink. I can pull out the different flavors of grains, hops, yeast, etc.... I drank an IPA last night, which I'm not typically a big fan of and had a whole new appreciation. Curious if others have found this. Apologies if this is a well discussed topic.

True here too. I have also learned that I can enjoy all sorts of beers if I know what I should appreciate. It usually takes me a couple bottles of something for me to find what I should appreciate but it's how I came to love IPAs and I'm working on stouts now. Slowly but surely I'm getting there.

I know this was true for me as well and would guess it's a common theme. I have such a broader understanding of the styles and variety than I ever did prior to crafting my own. The more you learn the more you learn you don't know yet!

I agree. I didn't really enjoy beer until about 5 years ago (39 y/o now). I started brewing 6 months ago and am enjoying it immensely. I have definitely broadened my horizons on trying new styles and then attempting to brew that style. I can't pick out grains but not sure that I worry about that. As long as I get to enjoy the beer it works for me. Family and friends are reaping benefits of my trials. This forum has helped me a lot.

Back