keggle cooker need help to make

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel17319

Reaction score
javascript:;

how do i make this into a keggle cooker? i cant find anything oh how to. i got a welder buddy that will help, how do maximize efficiency and heat transfer how far away should this be away from keggle what other equipment do i need also for higher btus this unit is rated at 150.000 btus.

I am not understanding exactly what you are trying to ask!

Can you post pictures of what you are asking about, to help us understand?

for some reason the pic wont show, however i have a 150.000 btu cast iron cooker head it looks like a shower head, anyone have any pratical knowldge on how this thing works and how to mount it so it does not fly off. i also have the hoses and controls for it.

1) how to i mount this thing.

2) how far away from the keggle should it be

3) anyone have any plans on how to make set this up for all grain brewing

i have a welder buddy that wil help me set this up

Take a deep breath. Without any pic of it I have noidea what you are talking about

Making assumptions here....

I assume your referring to a BG-10 burner head or one of the likes.... I mounted mine 6 inches below the keggle. I might try and raise it 1 inch to see if it changes things.

http://bayouclassicdepot.com/bg10_cast_iron_burner.htm

I coupled mine to a 20 PSI regulator: (Note my hose is not a braided type)
http://bayouclassicdepot.com/m5hpr1_propane_regulator.htm

I mounted mine by making a stirrup strap and drilled a hole in that. The strap was weled 6" below the keggle.

As for plans, I just looked and looked and looked at web pictures and then studied the rigs at B3 to come up with my initial brew rig. Made my measurements from my keggles and and estimated my positions.... There are lots of rig pics here, let me know if you need my measurements. I have yet to post any pics of it....

Back