temp control using bayou classic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All 3 adjustments can/will be used...airflow, inline reg and tank reg..

My first batch was a mess with the bayou classic and having just cracked one I think I can trace some of the issues back to the boil (too high of boil and a minor boil over). With that said my second batch was a little better. I had the tank regulator cranked wide open with a half twist back, then I set the air flow apperature to have the most constricted setting, then managed temp with the valve on the connecting hose. This allowed me to get to a boil quickly and maintain a rolling boil.

But I doubt there is any magical combination to the three. So, set two them and tweak the last for control.

I always leave the tank regulator wide open.
when bringing up to a boil, I open the in-line regulator all the way and give it maximum airflow.
For the boil, I turn down the in-line regulator and reduce the airflow. If I don't reduce the airflow, a moderate breeze can blow the flame out.

-a.

Latest posts

Back