So what is this washer on my tank for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skybrew

Reaction score
I was able to find a local beverage company that will fill a CO2 tank while you wait and I am just setting up my new kegging system.

After I got home from getting my tank filled I noticed that they had put a little washer on a rubber band around the tank neck.

So what is this washer suppose to be used for?

Cheers

Some of the new aluminum tanks are coming with an o-ring groove machined in the face of the tank valve. If you have that type, you don't want to use the plastic washer, the o-ring already serves that purpose.

Thanks all but I guess I do not need it with my regulator.

From my instructions " Taprite regulators have an inlet nipple quad ring that eliminates the need for a washer." There is a built in O ring that they are referring to on my regulator.
Also after looking at the washer more closely it is not metal, only metal colored. I guess it is some kind of fiber.

Does it hurt to use it if you have a reg with washer? I haven't taken mine off to check, but I probably have a built in washer.. I always just used the fiber disc because I thought I had to.

I love how I still find so much good information on here :)

Does it hurt to use it if you have a reg with washer? I haven't taken mine off to check, but I probably have a built in washer.. I always just used the fiber disc because I thought I had to.

I love how I still find so much good information on here :)

As I am putting the system together I noticed that there is also a sticker on the regulator that states not to use a washer on this one.

If you've got everything together, and it's not leaking, just leave it alone. :)

Back