New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest IPA..
1523056383677.jpg

This is a porter with an infection. Twelve ounces in a 20 ounce glass. Poured it slow and the head just keeps increasing. By the time it comes up to drinking temperature the head has subsided to a inch. Still tastes good. At first I thought it was a bottle priming problem but the more months it aged the greater the head and a little more sour. Dumped an IPA infected by the same piece of equipment after this one. An IPA can't handle a little problem like a porter can.

resize952.jpg

Looks like a 12 hand. Nice board btw.

Yeah, the hand wasn't too much to brag about, but it was a better hand than my dad had. :rock:

As I recall, though - he ended up winning that game. :(

My grandfather (his father) made that board quite a while ago; we're guessing about 1950, but the actual date isn't known for sure; he (my dad) was born in 1948, and he remembers it from very early childhood.:mug:

Latest Julius clone, appearance is pretty darned close to what's actually in the can (and distinctly not the totally opaque "OJ" that competitors come up with)...

julius_04162018.jpg

Cheers!

20180418_185950-03.jpeg

Stole away a pour of my freshly kegged blood orange DIPA. I overpaid for the blood orange puree and it has a hop bill that made it the most expensive beer I've ever brewed, but damn if it's not tasty...

I'll have to remember that. Your beer looks good! I had a can or the blood orange puree I was going to use in my latest saison, but the price drove me away from it.
I don't know that I would brew it with the puree again. It had a strong metallic smell to it when i opened it up. I zested one blood orange and a lemon in the last few minutes of the boil and I didn't get much from it before I racked it onto the puree. I think next time i will just juice fresh fruit into the secondary. Premature as it is, though, it's very drinkable. I'm excited to try it in a few more days.

My John Courage Amber clone. Never had it, and brewed it for a guy who just remembered it being really great on tap back in the 90s. So... no idea if accurate. Tastes good, though!

7ixw7E0.jpg

MKKpCOF.jpg

Back