Brewstand build: Burner output issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
I am in the process of completing a brewstand build. It is similar to a Brutus clone with an integrated gas beam supplying propane to 2 Bayou burners, a banjo burner for the kettle and the smaller burner for the MLT. I have a 30 psi regulator bought for this build and a 10 PSI regulator from an old burner stand. When I directly connect the 30 PSI regulator to the Banjo, it will make extreme flames at full open, and something more desirable at 50%. Once I connect the regulator to the gas beam, at wide open the flame is smaller than a bic lighter- even with the other burner in the off position. For troubleshooting, I connected the 10 PSI regulator and use anbrand new propane bottle, neither corrected the problem.

Anyone have any advice?

Have you pressure tested the beam and all of your fittings leading to the burners? It sounds like you might have a leak.

The beam is pressure tested, and there are no leaks. I am lead to believe, via way of PM from a member, this is an issue with the excess flow device within the regulator/tank. Apparently, opening full bore is not the way you are supposed to go. I will be trying his solution, which I m told will fix my problem.

Back