Condensation on the Tap Tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
Its been very humid today because i've had the windows open (cool weather but humid). When I walked by the kegerator I noticed the tap tower has a lot of condensation on it. Bad? Don't worry? here is a picture of it, and then also the hole that goes into it:

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

You're making me thirsty.

Most tower suppliers consider that a marketing feature. It promotes that 'cold draft' appeal.

I suppose if you insulated the inside of the tower that would fix the condensation.

If you are worried about the drop in temperature from the length of line that is not at fridge temp, I would say don't worry, have a homebrew. you could always drop your fridge temp by a degree, I suppose to compensate...

I ran my draft lines up some sections of 1/2" copper tubing that I insulated with pipe insulation. No condensation on my tower, but my beer comes out nice and cool.

Just below the hole i've got a 4in computer case fan blowing air up into the tower. so the first pull is only slightly foamy.

I'll just not worry about it, it is slightly insulated with some small bit of oam from the manufacturer.

Just below the hole i've got a 4in computer case fan blowing air up into the tower. so the first pull is only slightly foamy.

I'll just not worry about it, it is slightly insulated with some small bit of oam from the manufacturer.

I know this is a very old post but I have the same issue with TONS of condensation on my tower since my kegerator is in my garage and I live in super humid Houston, TX. I ran a 1" hose into my tower from a fan down in the kegerator as well and it has caused this condensation issue. My cold plate seems to be developing a lot of frost on it but my fridge is supposed to be automatic defrosting. It's a danby dkc445dbls model. I think I may have to manually defrost it after only a couple of days of it running :/

Latest posts

Back