OK, so cobra taps are CRAP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianQuaffer

Reaction score
And now I have lost about 4-5 pints of beer out of a leaky cobra tap, now soaked into my carpet. :mad:

Problem solved with the cobra tab, I smashed it with a hammer so I'll never use it, or another, again.

Now does anybody have any ideas on how to clean 5 pints worth of beer out of a carpet before it starts to stink?

Thanks.

Nick

I just found out I can rent carpet steam cleaners at my local grocery store, so I guess I'm off to do that tomorrow.

Seriously though, these cobra taps are garbage. I almost had a stroke when I saw what had happened. There are veins in my head that are stull pulsing, lol.

CanadianQuaffer said:
I just found out I can rent carpet steam cleaners at my local grocery store, so I guess I'm off to do that tomorrow.

Seriously though, these cobra taps are garbage. I almost had a stroke when I saw what had happened. There are veins in my head that are stull pulsing, lol.

Ah the ol rug doctor. Had to rent one of those on more than one occasion in college

You can use a jug of HE tide instead of the cleaning chemicals. At least that's what I did last time I got one from Safeway and it worked great.

Just put one of these on and roll around in it:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back