brew tree plans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootay

Reaction score
Im planning on building a brew tree soon. I currently batch sparge, and probably wont throw out the money for a pump anytime soon, so i figure the tree design will work best for me now. My brew setup currently consists of a 10 gallon brew pot and a round cooler MLT. I plan on getting a couple kegs for my brewpot and HLT, but will stick with the round cooler MLT for now. My buddy is a welder, and said if i can get hold of some plans he would weld it up for me. I havent had any luck finding detailed plans. I would need information such as what size square tubing thats used, how the burners mount, how far the burners need to be away from the brew pot/keggle, space between tiers, etc. ive been looking through forum posts for the past hour but havent found what im looking for. any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Check BREWTREE web site. Even though they are not really in business they have reams of details about their stuff including photos, schematics and full plans I believe. If space is not an issue go for it if it is the price of a pump or two is really not that bad. I have a hybrid system to start me off that is a 2 burner camp stove with 1 pump. Works fine for now.

i found that site earlier and looked all over the site for the password to get to the free plans. I just looked again and its right at the end of the first page. i feel like an idiot. thanks for the post!

i found that site earlier and looked all over the site for the password to get to the free plans. I just looked again and its right at the end of the first page. i feel like an idiot. thanks for the post!
where?! i dont see it. I tried that number but it didnt work.

its hard to see isnt it!

its at the bottom of the disclaimer:

"If you accept these terms, enter the phrase "Iacceptfullliability" in the following page. "

okay im an idiot. it is in the disclaimer on the free instructions page

I don;t know if this helps but here is my thread about building a tree:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-first-3-tier-gravity-brew-stand-104666/

BTW if you can off set the HLT and BK so they are not right above each other, it's a big plus. With the HLT burner right over the BK it can really be in the way, not to mention hot. I plan to cut and rotate mine more towards the back.

The keg hooks work by having the upper one with more slack and a longer hook. The keg goes up into the top one and rests down on the lower one. It works well but they do rock a bit when stirring. I took advantage of the rocking when using my IC, but now I whirlpool instead. I would not advise using round tubing like I did, it was difficult to square up, cut fishmouths, etc., I only used it because it was free and I wanted the challenge.

Thanks for the reply! Been busy with work and havent been able to hop on the boards. what size square tubing would you use for the main column? 2x2x.120?

Back