• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shiny Keggles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

originalben

Reaction score
2 very shiney Stainless Steel kegs that I have converted into Keggles.
They are currently fitted with ½” brass ball valves.
Several hours of polishing went into each.:mug:
As I have not finalized my own brewing setup and have some extra parts,and have several more kegs to convert, I am offerring a couple options that I can add to one or both of the keggles for a bit more: a 2 or 3 piece stainless steel ball valve or a thermometer.(I have one each)
Price is $150 each for the keggles as they are with the 1/2" brass ball valve, so drop me an email with any questions.
I would prefer local pickup but have no problem shipping and would charge whatever it actually costs.

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

Hey Original Ben,

I'm in VA also and was thinking about picking up a complete keg to convert to a fermenter.

Do you have any unmutilated kegs?

Thanks

Old Townie- I have already removed the tops of the ones I have on hand right now and they're in various stages of polishing,etc., but I may be getting another one or two intact next week-not sure if the contact will come thru or not.

gotcha.

I'd be down for 1 or 2 intacts.

I'll be down in Middlesex county in the next 2 or 3 weeks, so it may work out.

those look like great gaskets on those valves. mind sharing a source? (sorry... don't mean to highjack).

I followed the directions on this site...search 'polishing your keggle'...
Basically Gatorgrit 4.5" pads on an angle grinder-medium,fine, then polishing with 2 types of polishing stick.

And they are sold as of 10 minutes ago.

Thanks all.

I want to upgrade my junk to Keggles, but am struggling finding them. CraigsList is slim pickins' these days in my area for these. Any suggestions on where I could score some?

Will you ever sell any more like this? I might drive to Norfolk for this.

I have 4 remaining-1 yuengling that I'm gonna keep, 1 AB, 1 Miller, and a Coors which is the kinda bulbous type. I got all mine thru CL except for 1.
I am going to start work on another set this weekend- the AB/Miller pair to sell.

Those are completely badass.

I'll take one when available. Shipping will kill, but whatever.

I am looking for three keggles HLT, MLT, and a BK. How much for these all set up? What do you think the shipping would be like to Washington State?

As I mentioned earlier- these 2 were sold a week ago. I'm working on 4 more-1 for me 3 to sell.
This isn't really a regular job or anything so I have no earthly idea how much shipping would be.

Be sure to let me know when one is ready!
I'm totally ready to send out a check.

And I doubt that shipping will really be all that much, IMO

I would like to purchase one... I will be heading through Norfolk on my way to the Outer Banks over Memorial Day. Does this work for you?

Back