How much is a 15.5 keg worth?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
I contacted breweries in my area for kegs and one has told me they can give me them for $60 each. Is this a good deal? I know many people get them for free because they know people. Unfortunately, I don't have those connections.

what are these things worth? I'm going to make keggles and water tanks with them.

mendozer said:
I contacted breweries in my area for kegs and one has told me they can give me them for $60 each. Is this a good deal? I know many people get them for free because they know people. Unfortunately, I don't have those connections.

what are these things worth? I'm going to make keggles and water tanks with them.

I haven't payed more than 30$ off Craigslist. The problem for you is that if your looking in Hawaii everything will more expensive.

Considering that breweries pay as much as $150 for new half barrels, $60 is ok... and, unlike buying it from Craigslist, if you get it directly from the brewery you know you are purchasing it legally

It's a good price. A 15g SS kettle would be much more and even if you have to buy a $20 dollar grinder and pack of cutting wheels to take the top off you wouldn't be losing out.

that hawaii location is old. I'm living in Seattle.

okk then another question: Right now I'm brewing in my kitchen. This keggle operation is at least a year into the future when I get a burner and build a gravity system. Shall I get it now or wait and see what I can find when I can actually make the keggle? I don't want 2 or 3 kegs waiting in my garage...or do I?

I would, seems everybody in the lower 48s.
Found out what we are using them for.
But you could get a "FULL KEG" from one of the big 3.
For about the same price???.
Perfect time for a poker game.. 8 guys
10$ each all you can drink.....

Most posts on Craigslist in my area is 50 dollars. I've held out and picked up one for free and another for 20 bucks. I'll be picking my last one up for free from a coworker that has had it taking u space in his garage. Your results may vary.

I would, seems everybody in the lower 48s.
Found out what we are using them for.
But you could get a "FULL KEG" from one of the big 3.
For about the same price???.
Perfect time for a poker game.. 8 guys
10$ each all you can drink.....

The problem there is, again, that it isn't legal. You keep that keg and you are in posession of stolen property. Ooops. You're buying the beer inside it, NOT the keg, the keg is supposed to be returned. The cooperage actually belongs to the brewery, not the retail outlet that sold the beer.

Latest posts

Back