Flexible High Pressure Hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightbrew

Reaction score
Is there a company/website out there that makes flexible hoses for high pressure propane? Or do I have to have one made a propane supply store? Just looking to see where to get started w/this.

Is there a company/website out there that makes flexible hoses for high pressure propane? Or do I have to have one made a propane supply store? Just looking to see where to get started w/this.

Hi

Yes to both. Are you sure you want to have the regulator *after* the hose? Most people put it ahead of the hose.

Bob

Bob, I dont follow, I didnt mention regulator location at all. Can you recommend a website for these hoses?

Bob, I dont follow, I didnt mention regulator location at all. Can you recommend a website for these hoses?

Well when you say "high pressure" what comes to mind to me is unregulated or cylinder pressure. I would assume that may be what Bob was thinking also. Give us an idea of what your to accomplish and we will try to help.

I would like to change my set up a bit. Currently I have a two burner brutus type rig. I will be changing my solenoid setup and the current hoses will not handle anything above low pressure(I think they were .5psi). So I am looking to get some other flexible hoses that will work for high pressure. I dont know exactly how high I will need the pressure rating to be for. Of course overkill isnt a bad idea. Onehoppyguy can you pm me some info and pricing for the ones you can make for me--I need them about 18" or so in length. Thanks guys

Hi

High pressure can mean two totally different things.

1) The stuff that comes straight out of the tank. You can not use that on a burner.

2) The stuff that comes out of a regulator at 10 to 30 psi to drive a "high pressure" burner.

If there's still a regulator on your tank, then 2 is what you are after. If you are moving the regulator onto the brew stand (not recommended) then 1 is what you are after.

For 1 you need a pretty fancy hose. For 2 there are a lot of options including Lowes and Home Depot.

Bob

bob, I would be running a regulator on the tank. to the best of my knowledge the hoses at lowes/home depot that I have seen are all for natural gas or low pressure and would not work for 10-30psi or high pressure. If I am wrong on this let me know

Standard propane regulators are 10 PSI. Some are 5 PSI, but generally 10. You can use the same hose for a 20-30 PSI regulator as you can 10. There is no need to get anything specialty made.

The hoses are required to be labeled. And yes, some hoses sold at large Hardware stores are only rated at .5 PSI. I know, we have one in the junk bin.

Back