Beer still drinkable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calatan

Reaction score
So I started brewing this summer and did a few successful 5 gallon batches. I made an Irish Stout, but then life got hectic and I was never able to bottle it. It has stayed in my carboy for like 8 months now. Ive made sure to keep the water lock filled so no air can get in.

So my question is - is it drinkable? Ive read that nothing can grow in beer that can kill you and I really hate to waste beer, even if its gonna taste horrible. Ill just drink it later in the evenings.

It should be delicious. Darker beers tend to age well. Bottle it up. I'm sure its fine.

You will need to pitch some fresh yeast if you are going to bottle that. My guess is that the yeasties won't have enough kick to carbonate the bottles.

But the beer is probably fine.

Id bottle it..... might be some good stuff an irish stout aged 8 months... maybe try some carbonation drops i think the yeast pretty much consumed everything in there.....

Back