Reading/Lancaster/Allentown area grain buy- Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, you already picked up a 1/4 of the chocolate! I'll put you down for the roasted barley though. If you want more chocolate, I can do that too! So we need a half sack of chocolate to go.
tom

Everything is spoken for and the buy is officially closed. I will be working up totals tonight and/or tomorrow and get them out to everyone. Please make sure your PM boxes are empty.
tom

Question for the group: Where would you rather pick the grain up? We're paying a liftgate fee anyway so I could have this dropped at my house to make my life a bit easier. Not sure if it would be closer for the majority to go to Fleetwood or to Pottstown.

Personally, pottstown is 1/2 the distance as fleetwood is... but it was definitely a nice drive out there last time so I don't really mind if it's fleetwood either.

Pottstown is closer for me. If if was at the homebrew store I'd pick some stuff up from them also.

Pottstown. Much closer for me (Phoenixville), it was the original locale which is why I signed up, and Weak Knee was going to hopefully get some love due to their volunteering to be the pickup point even though it would hurt their grain sales.

Definitely Pottstown for me.... I wouldn't have signed up if the original pickup wasn't there. I'd also get some things from Weaknee as well... That's where I go for supplies anyway.

Either way, thanks again for setting this up!

Okay it seems my place is favored. However, can anyone relay grains to those like jturie who have a hike to get to my place? I understand weak knee was supposed to be getting some kickback out of this, but quite honestly even if we don't do the pickup there they should get kickback out of those involved in the buy. I don't think too many homebrew shops would open their doors like that and we have to honor them for that no matter where the pickup is. IMHO
Tom

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

I live in coventry, right of 724. I would be happy to relay anyones grains.

I may take you up on that offer. Pottstown was already about an hour away from me (Ardmore)... I only ordered one bag of Pils, but if can't get up to Fleetwood, I'll have a sixer of homebrew for you if you can grab it for me.

Thanks!

totals are starting to roll out. Sorry, busy weekend. Some notes: The "PP fee" and "total w/ PP" are if you use a credit or debit card through PayPal to pay me. If you use your bank account or PayPal balance, just pay the "total w/o PP". Please be sure to add the fee if paying with a card though!! You will have to resend a payment for the PayPal fees if you don't. Shipping is going to be $3.74/sack [ $75.00 lift gate charge+ $330.00 freight+$66.00 fuel surcharge= $471.00/126 sacks= $3.74 ]. also, please check my math, I'm not an accountant just a lousy mechanic!
tom

All totals should be out. If you did not get a PM from me, please let me know. PayPal address is: BigDogRulzUply at msn dot com PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SCREEN NAME WITH YOUR PAYPAL PAYMENT!!! Also, forgot to mention earlier, the PayPal fee is 2.9% the total + $.30
tom

Okay, so NCM isn't getting back to me and we're so busy at my work that I'm not going to have time to call them at the moment. So, I'm going to start this thing with the price sheet I have below. If there is something that needs to be changed, we'll just handle it as the buy goes on. As mentioned above, pick up is going to be at Weak Knee Homebrew in Pottstown PA. Pick up date is TBA. Most of you have been involved in these buys before, but for those who haven't, here is how it works. Look over the catalog and pick out the grains you want. WE ARE ONLY BUYING GRAINS! At the top of the price sheet it will say if the grains come in 50 or 55# sacks. We are going to be in the 2,000-4,000# price bracket. Post what you want in this thread and I will start a list. We need 42 sacks to fill one pallet. When the pallet(s) are full, I will ask you all to confirm your orders. When everything is confirmed, I will send out PM's with your totals. PayPal is the fastest and preferred method to pay, but I will also take personal check or money order as long as they are sent out within 48 hours of getting your total. When all the money is recieved, the order will be placed and shipped. We will set up a pickup time "window" when the delivery date gets closer. I would like to try and get everyones phone numbers this time around. it will make my life a bit easier when it come to payment and pickup times. If you can, PM it to me and also let me kow if I can text you at that number. Let the games begin!
Tom

NCM Catalog link: 2011 Price Sheet

2230 Moselem Springs Road
Fleetwood, PA 19522

Current # of sacks: 126

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

beerloaf PAID- BZ-PILS x1, CM-2ROW x1, CM-PALE x1, CM-WHET x1/2

milldoggy PAID- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, BZ-DWHT x1, BZ-WHT x1, CM-PALE x1/2, BD-MOPA x1/2, BD-VIEN x1/3, GW-C30 x1/4, GW-C75 x1/4, GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4, GP-RICE x1/2, BD-CHLT x1/4

Hackrsackr PAID- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, CM-PALE x1/2, BD-MOPA x1/2, BZ-MUNH x1, CM-2ROW x1, BD-MOPA x1, CM-WHT x1/2, GW-C120 x1/4, BD-CHLT x1/4, BD-BLCK x1/4, BD-MOPA x1, BD-RSTB x1/4

wadefisher PAID- BZ-PILS x1, BZ-WHT x1, BZ-VIEN x1, CM-PALE x1, CM-2ROW x1, CM-6ROW x1, CM-PALE x1, GB-MUNH10 x1, GW-C30 x1/2, GW-C75 x1/2, BD-RSTB x1/2, BD-MOPA x1, GW-C15 x1/4, GP-RICE x1, CM-6ROW x1, GP-FLCRN x1

snowveil PAID- CM-2ROW x2, BD-VIEN x1/3

jamin PAID- BZ-PILS x1, TF-MOPA x1

josephus23 PAID- CM-PALE x1, BD-MOPA x1

rianrt PAID- CM-2ROW x3, GW-C120 x1/4, BD-MOPA x1, BD-VIEN x1

idratherbeinmexico PAID- TF-MOPA x1, CM-WHET x1/2

M1Owen PAID- CM-2ROW x1, CM-SPIL x1, BD-PALE x1, TF-GPRM x1/2, CM-2ROW x1, BD-PALE x1, GP-RICE x1/2

jturie PAID- CM-2ROW x1, TF-GPRM x1, BD-MOPA x1, GB-MUNH10 x1/2

mjwitz PAID- BZ-PILS x2, BZ-WHT x1, CM-PALE x1, BD-MOPA x1/2, BZ-MUNH x1/4

Mrott PAID- CM-2ROW x2, CM-6ROW x2, BD-DCRL x1, BD- CHLT x1, BD-BLCK x1, GP-FLCRN x1, BD-MOPA x1, BZ-WHT x1/2

servadia PAID- CM-2ROW x2, GW-C75 x1/4, GW-C30 x1/4

Funkster PAID- BZ-PILS x1, GW-2ROW x1, BD-PALE x1

Germanrockit PAID- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, BZ-WHT x1, BZ-MUNH x1, TF-GPRM x1, BD-RSTB x3/4, GW-C30 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4, BD-CHLT x3/4, BD-BLCK x1/4

Coalcracker PAID- BD-MOPA x1, BD-VIEN x1/3, BZ-PILS x1/2, CM-RYEM x1, BZ-PILS x1/2

Driver PAID- CM-PALE x1, BZ-VIEN x1, BZ-MUNH x1/4, BZ-PILS x1/2, BD-CHLT x1/4

Dukeman9988 PAID- CM-PALE x1, BZ PILS x1/2, BZ-WHT x1/2

gifty74 PAID- BD-MOPA x2, CM-2ROW x2, BD-PILS x1, GW-C30 x1/2, GW-C120 x1/2, CM-WHET x1/2, GW-C60 x1/2

Risser09 PAID- GW-C30 x1/4, GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4, GW-C60 x1/4, BZ-MUNH x1/4, BD-CHLT x1/4, BD-BLCK x1/4, BD-RSTB x1/4

djstabby PAID- CM-PALE x2, BD-MOPA x1, Z-WHT x1

Kaz PAID- BD-MOPA x1, BZ-PILS x1, CM-WHT x1, CM-2ROW x1, BZ-MUNH x1/4, BD-CHLT x1/4, BD-RSTB x1/4, BD-BLCK x1/4

mn_Brew PAID- CM-2ROW x1, TF-MOPA x1

pava PAID- CM-2ROW x2, BD-MOPA x1, GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C60 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4

mcgearybrewing- CM-2ROW x2, BZ-CRPL x1, TF-GPRM x1/2

nrosage PAID- CM-2ROW x1, BD-MOPA x1/2

Domes PAID- CM-SPIL x1, CM-PALE x1

stblindtiger PAID- BZ-PILS x1

smarek82 PAID- GW-2ROW x1, GB-MUNH10 x1/2

jazzman PAID- CM-SPIL x1, CM-PALE x1, CM-2ROW x1

As long as the payments are received in time and NCM can get it shipped to me, the 29th or 30th would work for me too. I have a prior engagement on the 1st, so that will be out for me. however, since the grains are at my place, we can schedule as we go. I would like to have one "bulk" pickup atleast since the grains will be taking my space in the garage!
tom

Payment Sent. Fleetwood is closer for me

Plus because I paid with the wife's paypal money we have this little agreement that when I buy grains she gets to go to murphy's jewelers.

Back