Moscow Muley Booch suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerekDH

Reaction score
Hey I'm planning on taking my green tea booch and bottling sometime this week and engaging in some secondary flavoring with ginger root (bought it last week, hopefully it's still good, been in the fridge) and some limes to get that ginger citrus flavor from Moscow mules that we like so much. I know ginger is common use but I'm looking for suggestions on how much to add to 16 Oz bottles, I have a scale to weigh out grams/oz. Also on the lime side, any parts I should avoid? Like zest yay or nay, seeds yay or nay, and any possible harmful microbes that limes harbor? Thanks in advance! This kombucha stuff is pretty fun and easy to make, plus im looking forward to having the health healthiest gut flora around!

I would say about 1 TB of grated ginger per quart of booch, which will be pretty strong. I think I would be more likely to add that to the batch, let it steep a few days and settle, then bottle and strain it out. I would probably use lime zest the same way, or add whole chopped limes right at the end.

The peel will give you bitterness, which you might or might not want. I think lime juice would just make it more sour anyway, and not really give you a good lime flavor. In a mule, the lime is the only thing that gives it the sour taste.

Latest posts

Back