Auber 2342 - freezer goes on, temperature climbs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf514921

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i ahve an auber 2342 and have used there pids in the past with great results. bout one to build a lagering chamber/kegerator. got it all wired up to fontrol an outlet, instead of direct wire to the freezer. eveything looks fine, freezer kicks on all that, i also have a test light in the other plug to make sure its working fine. but th teperature reading rises when the frezzer turns on. i ipen the freezer and its chilling fine. my question is i have the pid in an external enclosure of about 4in cubed, could that generate a bogus reading? i will post pics tonight.

make sure the Thermocouple (TC) wire isn't pinched or frayed or messed up in any way. TC's work on the principle of dissimilar metals touching and producing a voltage that varies with temperature...if there is a pinch, they may be touching somewhere in the wire (outside the fridge) and messing up the reading.

i seemed to have fixed the climbing teperature problem, now i seem to have a cooling problem, as in my freezer does not seem to be chilling

eureka !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, its starting to work, i must have had a kink in the tc, thanks for the help. thing is i don't know what i changed . . . except the thermal couple

so i think i figure out what the issue was. I had the thermal probe running ist under the edge of the lid. It was pinched there. Also the freezer had not been previously on, so when i checked tthe temperature of the outside it was 90+.It was reading the temperature of the outside of the frezzer that was heating up as the inside chilled. Long story short, problem solved

Back