*Caution* Beer Is Evil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idle

Reaction score
*Warning* Visiting the following link and reading it's content will scare the hell out of you and probably make you never want to drink beer again. If you like brewing your own beer or drinking beer in general, do yourself a favor and do not read the following information:

http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/family/beer.html

:rolleyes:

Beer is the only thing people consume that has "bad" things in it....I just had a hamburger that probably had enough antibiotics in it to last me a month if it worked that way...LOL

I will keep drinking beer the only extra thing I add to it is Irish moss. and that is seaweed.

Yes but beer must be bad and have very negative effects on you. Don't you see it's caused you to chose an Iron Maiden avatar :)

Same bible that says you will burn in hell for eating shrimp....

I make the most incredible cocktail sauce with tequila. It rocks everyone's socks off.

Pour me a brew and pass the shrimp.

From lupulin come two lupulic acids - humulone and lupulone. One of these, "humulone", has the following chemical formula: C21H30O5. "Cannabinol", the active principle of marijuana, has the chemical formula.of C21H26O2.

I can't decide whether to laugh or rage. These people are retarded.

From lupulin come two lupulic acids - humulone and lupulone. One of these, "humulone", has the following chemical formula: C21H30O5. "Cannabinol", the active principle of marijuana, has the chemical formula.of C21H26O2.

I can't decide whether to laugh or rage. These people are retarded.

right? I can't believe some people and the way they present 'facts' ,that while technically correct in their own right, do absolutely nothing to prove the point they are trying to make.

I mean, look at the chemical composition of Water (H2O), and hydrogen peroxide(H2O2). and we all know that in high concentrations hydrogen peroxide is corrosive. EVEN TO HUMAN SKIN! is it any wonder then that 99.999% of drowning deaths occur in water? and water is a main ingredient in beer! how can people drink that stuff?

right? I can't believe some people and the way they present 'facts' ,that while technically correct in their own right, do absolutely nothing to prove the point they are trying to make.

I mean, look at the chemical composition of Water (H2O), and hydrogen peroxide(H2O2). and we all know that in high concentrations hydrogen peroxide is corrosive. EVEN TO HUMAN SKIN! is it any wonder then that 99.999% of drowning deaths occur in water? and water is a main ingredient in beer! how can people drink that stuff?

I was trying to come up with a good comparison myself but you beat me too it and with a better one then I would have come up with. Facts can sound so scary when you put them that way.

Holy crap! you mean beer can be bad for me? oh Lordy Lordy the bible thumpers say Imma going to hell! Oh well see you all there, I will bring the homebrew!!

Let's get their facts straight...they're talking commercial beer, not homebrew...:mug:
Haha, right on!

In any case, the website creator forgot to mention the other parts of the bible that do mention alcohol. God did turn water to wine, and God does say to give a downed man "strong drink". There's a reason He created alcohol, and as long as it's not abused as in being an alcoholic who's constantly drunk (we're all alcoholic on some level...otherwise we wouldn't be brewing beer!), then it's OK. And the stuff about not eating shrimp, that's Old Testamant stuff. Sure, a lot of religions still follow that, but most follow the New Testament, which changed the rules.

Damn, Im going to burn in hell! But at least I enjoyed beer and did not lose any sleep over the stupid BS people post on the interwebs!

Anyone have a shrimp beer recipe?

Carry on!

Beware of Dihydrogen Monoxide. DHMO is known to cause death if inhaled yet there is a massive government-managed distribution network of the stuff.

From the link:
And for a good many of these years we have used the word "hop" as a slang term for "dope" or a narcotic drug such as opium.

WTF? Yeah I'm always like let's go smoke some "hop" when I mean "dope" as in opium...

Almost everything you eat has something bad for you in it, it's all about moderation.

Read this, you better be careful how much water you drink, it could kill you: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1770067/

Better stop drinking water, it could kill you!!!

I'm also too lazy to dig for info right now, but I remember seeing something about onions containing trace amounts of cyanide and being loaded with sulfur....anyone here eat onions??? And this includes the "organic" onions the hippies are eating too :D

Beware of Dihydrogen Monoxide. DHMO is known to cause death if inhaled yet there is a massive government-managed distribution network of the stuff.

From the link:

WTF? Yeah I'm always like let's go smoke some "hop" when I mean "dope" as in opium...

My thoughts exactly!!! When I first saw that page, I thought, this looks like a 5 year old coded it back in the early 90's, and then that statement further supported my hypothesis :D

OMG! I'm out, no beer for me. I better cut down my hops right now! I can't ingest a mild sedative, not without a prescription.

Well, thank goodness I'm full of Lupulin...otherwise this would upset me. But all this lupulin is keeping me calm...:mug:

Totally pouring out all of my bottles right now. I had no idea! I've been so foolish. Time to dust off the bong.

Ya know. that's a good idea. when I get home, I"m going to pour out a few of my bottles. One of a time, of course. :D

The real quote:

"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine - constant proof that God loves us, and loves us to be happy." - Ben Franklin, 1779.

I'm sure the monks at Chimay, d'Orval, Rochefort, Westmalle, Westvleteren, Koningshoeven, and Achel may disagree.

And Jesus too. He loved wine. Total party guy. Rolls into a party, "What, all you have is water?!? Wine, bitches!"

I'm sure he would approve of wort into beer for us mere mortals.

My question is why would you put up some anti beer bull sh*t on a website devoted to beer geeks? Do you honestly think your going to change anyone’s mind here or do you just like drama? More than likely, you’re really just that stupid. Time to drink a beer.

Why did I waste my time reading this? How can people have such a meaningless existence that they have to devote an entire web page for the purpose of degrading a single beverage, that happens to be one of the world's oldest and still most popular drink? These are just a few of the thoughts that struck my mind whilst reading this.

My question is why would you put up some anti beer bull sh*t on a website devoted to beer geeks? Do you honestly think your going to change anyone’s mind here or do you just like drama? More than likely, you’re really just that stupid. Time to drink a beer.

I think the in intention was for all of us to mock it.

C21H30O5. "Cannabinol", the active principle of marijuana, has the chemical formula.of C21H26O2.

Sucrose (sugar) has the chemical formula C12H22O11! ZOMG! Their rulayted!

This is why I'm drinking only grain alcohol and rain water from now on.

[Waits to see if anyone gets the reference.]

On topic, the link just demonstrates that you don't need to be smart to have internet access.

Too much bible, too little RDWHAHB ;)

Someone once said "Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy", I've no idea who though.

The real quote:

"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine - constant proof that God loves us, and loves us to be happy." - Ben Franklin, 1779.

That quote is often attributed to Ben Franklin, but it's not true. Above is the real quote from a letter he wrote to Abbe Andre Morellet (no clue who that is) in 1779.

Latest posts

Back