Oops, my hops thawed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WorryWort

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had several ounces of hops in my beer fridge which accidentally got turned off for 2 days.

Do you think the hops are still ok? I won't dry hop with them in case of bugs, just in the boil.

FYI - I threw out the bolognese sauce that was also in there!

Thanks!

thay cant thaw they are DRY. and they are fine.

hops are picked just once a year in each hemisphere.
so before vacume sealing and refregaration hops were just stored dry and used for 10 to 11 months till the next crop, compaire to your 2 days at room temp not kuch to worry about

thanks. i figured as much.

and yes - 'thaw' was not, perhaps, the best choice of word. but they ceased to be frozen.

all good in the hood.

I once left thew garage freezer unplugged for a week in the summer. The smell of a case of rotting Snow Crab Legs will remind you that the cord is unplugged!
Your hops on the other hand will be fine.

I once left thew garage freezer unplugged for a week in the summer. The smell of a case of rotting Snow Crab Legs will remind you that the cord is unplugged!

i think you can just send those to RayInUT -- he'll take care of disposing them :D

Latest posts

Back