Pearland tx area brewers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisbeer

Reaction score
I was curious if any brewers close by would want to start a homebrew club. There may be a couple of people already interested. A local sports bar (Bogies) would be fine with us having meetings there. They also said we can have input on there tap list! They have about 20 taps and usually some good beers on tap. It would be nice to bring some craft beer to Pearland, finally....

I was just thinking it would be nice to bring some craft beer culture to pearland. Plus maybe we could do some bulk grain buys and brew days together. I'm sure we couod think of more things. I know i habe met quite a few pearland brewers on here. It's time we get together!

I was curious if any brewers close by would want to start a homebrew club. There may be a couple of people already interested. A local sports bar (Bogies) would be fine with us having meetings there. They also said we can have input on there tap list! They have about 20 taps and usually some good beers on tap. It would be nice to bring some craft beer to Pearland, finally....

I was just thinking it would be nice to bring some craft beer culture to pearland. Plus maybe we could do some bulk grain buys and brew days together. I'm sure we couod think of more things. I know i habe met quite a few pearland brewers on here. It's time we get together!

I'll bump this... I live close in Alvin... and my daughter plays soccer for Pearland United... so over there quite often!

There are actually more of us than I thought in the area. It would be nice to meet some like minded people. I lived in Alvin after high school. Hillcrest Village Apartments and worked at for a contractor at Dow Chemical.

Funny.. I live in Hillcrest Village..on the backside of the golf course.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Bogies is only about 5 miles from my house, and I'd like to meet some other home brewers in the area. I'll subscribe to this thread to see if this happens.

Okay, count me in. I believe I know Bford ;) Although I have not approached them, Center Court Pizza may also be interested, they have been stepping up their craft beer.

I'm pretty sure that Gordon Street Tavern in Alvin would be interested as well, but would be unable to do bottle shares or home brew samplings... Actually that applies to Center Court Pizza too. If Bogies serves liquor then the same applies to them. Not that this rules any of them out, just something to think about.

Chef Jay

Ya, they all serve liquor. We may be able to figure something out. I love gordon street. Great beer and food. I try to get by there whenever I'm in Alvin. Anybody care to set up a time that's good with everybody?

I live a bit north of you guys in Atascocita. But I would always be interested in a group buy. I probably couldn't make many meetings sadly

I live a bit north of you guys in Atascocita. But I would always be interested in a group buy. I probably couldn't make many meetings sadly

The more the merrier. If we generate enough interest on a group by I'll let you know.

I thought flying saucer downtown serves liquor and I know they've allowed bottle shares before.. Maybe I'm just wrong..

And yes I've met Jay at Gordon street a few times.

I thought flying saucer downtown serves liquor and I know they've allowed bottle shares before.. Maybe I'm just wrong..

And yes I've met Jay at Gordon street a few times.

The liquor thing may have changed last year, but the FAQ on the TABC website states that any establishment that serves liquor may not allow any alcohol to be brought in.

Other than that though group buys, meetings, hoisting a few pints would all be good.

Chef Jay

They have a decent selection of craft beer there. Mainly it would be nice to meet like minded people and see where things go.

I mean, we could all hate each other.

They have a decent selection of craft beer there. Mainly it would be nice to meet like minded people and see where things go.

I mean, we could all hate each other.

True, but probably not. Let's set something up. Sunday's are best for me... GST, Bogies, Center Court... doesn't matter to me.

Let me come clean, I'm the Chef and beer guy for Gordon Street Tavern, I am NOT trying to sway this to GST, just that it is an option. I've never been to Bogies, but now I want to check it out, and actually I've never been to Center Court Pizza in Pearland, just the one in South Shore, and I understand the beer selection at the Pearland one is better.

Chef Jay

How about we try for Sunday May 11th at bogies? Or should we give people more time to plan? Just meet some local brewers and talk about homebrew? Who's in!

I think may 11 is Mother's Day.. So might want to push it back a week.

I think may 11 is Mother's Day.. So might want to push it back a week.

Oops. Let's go with May 18th then. How's that? Just post if your in and we can come up with more details.

Man... if it wasn't so crowded all of the time... and they had set hours/room.. Killens BBQ would be perfect.. as they don't sell liquor.... just beers.

Of course we could still meet there sometime (at times it has seemed to be slowing down some and they do usually have Saint Arnold and Karbach bottles and cans).... we could rotate between different places every couple of months...

I've only been to Centre Court once... but they had some nice bottles and beers on tap. Of course, none of these places comes close to Gordon Street's selection....

We can start with Bogies and go from there!

Gordon street has the best beer selection hands down. We can definitely rotate locations. Killens BBQ is without a doubt the best BBQ I have ever had. Now I have a craving...

Gordon street has the best beer selection hands down. We can definitely rotate locations. Killens BBQ is without a doubt the best BBQ I have ever had. Now I have a craving...

Well if you line up at 10.30 this morning you'll be fine! :ban:

I have done it once, but only once. That was only because it was 75 outside. They have no chance in August.

I don't know if I can make meetings any time soon, but I'm definitely in for a Group Buy if you guys can set one up. I know schaez (also in Pearland) had set up the Houston one the last 4 times and could probably help someone out if they want to step up and take on the responsibility. :)

I'm pretty new to Pearland area (moved here in July from League City) and with three very young kids, I don't really make it out to the bars in the area, so I love hearing the opinions of the places. I'll definitely be hitting up Gordon, Center Court, and Killen's this summer!

If you don't mind spending ~$50 bucks on a steak, Then Killens steak house has THE most amazing steak I have ever had. The also have a craft beer section on there menu but only flagship beers were Karbach that I remember. They had pumpkinator, bishops barrel, and the F.U.N series from Karbach on there as well. Plus a few other limited releases.

Hey Guys, Sorry I was out of town for the weekend...

Gordon Street Tavern is definitely interested in hosting this. We (the owner and I) talked about it today, and are in the process of setting up a private room to host meetings. Again I am not trying to sway the meetings away from anywhere in Pearland, but of course I am a bit biased. I also do not want to run afoul of HBT's rules.

That said, thanks for everyones comments about Gordon Streets's beer and food selections, I really appreciate those!

Count me in on the 18th at Bogies though. I'd love to meet you guys and hell, the more the merrier I say about homebrew!

PS... Hope you had a good time on Saturday, thisisbeer. I left about 3:30 to start my weekend out of town, if I'd have known you were coming, I would have left some instructions for the staff!

Chef Jay

I enjoyed it there as I usually do. I couldn't get enough of the lone pint zythophile El Dorado. Terrific beer. Don't worry about swaying anything! Bogies was just a suggestion. I'm always happy to go to Gordon Street.

We haven't set up a time yet on the 18th. Just post or PM me if you think you may go and we will figure out a time. If your not interested in being part of a brewing club you can still come out and meet some local brewer's! Hopefully we can get a good size group of us together. I know of 3 people that will be there that are not on this thread. Plus me and chefjaypeek will make 5. Just let me know. Also a possibility of bford and mrz2010 for 6 and 7 if they confirm.

There is a group already in the Clearlake area "Bay Area Mashtronuats" there's a website and face book they meet at B&S brew guild 2nd Tuesday every month @630 pm
FYI

There is a group already in the Clearlake area "Bay Area Mashtronuats" there's a website and face book they meet at B&S brew guild 2nd Tuesday every month @630 pm
FYI

Personally, it takes an hour to get to B&S from my house while it takes 20 minutes to get to DeFalcos. I don't believe the purpose of this thread was to start up another homebrew club, but just a way to find local brewing buddies. That was just my take. :)

I enjoyed it there as I usually do. I couldn't get enough of the lone pint zythophile El Dorado. Terrific beer. Don't worry about swaying anything! Bogies was just a suggestion. I'm always happy to go to Gordon Street.

We haven't set up a time yet on the 18th. Just post or PM me if you think you may go and we will figure out a time. If your not interested in being part of a brewing club you can still come out and meet some local brewer's! Hopefully we can get a good size group of us together. I know of 3 people that will be there that are not on this thread. Plus me and chefjaypeek will make 5. Just let me know. Also a possibility of bford and mrz2010 for 6 and 7 if they confirm.

I plan on being there. :mug:

Up to 6 confirmed. :mug:

I'm not technically interested in a club. Just the benefits of having some other homebrewers to taste your brews and critique. Plus meeting up occasionally to talk homebrew and stuff. I have never really been to structured.

Does that make us up to 7? Nice... I could go back in the thread, research and count... but that sounds tedious.

:ban:

I guess we should make a time for this as it is quickly approaching. How is 3:30pm for everyone? A couple of guys are brewing Sunday so I thought this time would work best.

3:30 should work for me. Sadly, I don't think I'm brewing this weekend.

So... Sunday at 3:30 at Bogies in Pearland?

Just want to make sure we all show up to the correct place..

Oh... I went to Gordon Street last night for their Saint Arnold event for Craft Beer Week... was awesome.... had DR14 and Boiler Room with two different syrups made by Saint Arnold.... really awesome stuff.

Latest posts

Back