Damn Mr. Beer pissed on my floor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhys

Reaction score
got home from work today and went to take a shower. My downstairs bathroom smelled like beer, and it was running down the wall of the shower. went upstairs to the closet where Mr. Beer has been sitting, and find that the gasket around the tap is leaking, and has lost about 1/3 of the batch. One thing about it the beer sure stripped the finish off my wood floor in the closet. It had been fermenting for 9 days. I went ahead and bottled the remainder this evening and put the bottles in the pantry in the basement. I had been planning to let it stay in the fermenter until next weekend but we'll see how it turns out.

Well that sucks. Sounds to me like it's time to get a 7.5 gallon plastic bucket and start doing 5 gallon extact batches! :D

Yea, house break that sucker, or buy some ale pales.
Sorry to hear about the lost beer and the damage to the floor, that does blow.

Sounds like you need to be sure that the tap is good and tight:confused:

I made a few batches with mrbeer with out any leaks (luck?). I upgraded a after that though.

Back