Maverick meat probe in fermentor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will2Brew

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a newbie still and one point of contention for me the ability to monitor fermentation temps. Has anyone ever used a Maverick meat probe thermometer for dual purpose use of smokin meat and monitoring fermentation? At different times obviously.

I can handle a sealed install, I'm more concerned with imparting off flavors with this probe dangling in there and maintaining sanitization..

Any help is appreciated! Cheers

I have once and if you accidentally dunk the probe it shorts out and never reads again, the probes are not sealed water tight once you reach the wire

I would advise against submersing the probe. Mine fell onto my water pan and never worked again. When I talked to Maverick they said don't even wash them because it will short them.

This is better news. Thank you for the info guys. I think I might try the r/c fuel line trick, but then again it would be nice to have a dedicated prob for fermenting. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back