Rack for Bottom: Bayou Classic 1060 62-Quart Stainless-Steel Stockpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnodon

Reaction score
Hello All.

I have a Bayou Classic 1060 62-Quart Stainless-Steel Stockpot and a propane burner on teh way from Amazon. I plan on doing BIAB batches and had a quick question for anyone who has this particular pot.

Has anyone found a cooling rack that fits nicely on the bottom (to keep the bag away from the bottom)? I have heard of people using collanders and such but I would like a little more elogant solution.

Amazon lists the size as 15 1/4" but I don't know if that is ID or OD. If ID, I was thinking a 15" cooling rack would do the trick nicely but I haven't been able to find one. The closest I came was a 14":

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SIS2P4?&tag=shopwiki-us-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Matfer_312505.jpg

Do you guys think a rack like the above is tall enough to keep the bag away from the bottom. And, if I go with the 14" I am losing ~1/2" around the sides. Will thsi cause an issue?

TIA for the help!

John

Got this today and the rack is a PERFECT fit!

However, I have decided to not even bother with BIAB so I really won't have a use for it.

Just thought I would update in case anyone was looking for a solution.

John

Because I'm going batch sparge. It really didn't seem all that complicated and it gave me a reason for another DIY project...my cooler converted mash tun. :)

That is the pot I want to get, seems like the best deal around.

Let me know about the quality if you can. I haven't ordered it yet, figured I'd do a couple 5 gallon tests runs with my 30 qt. aluminum turkey fryer but I want to go stainless and do some 10 gallon batches.

I just finished this mash tun from a 60 qt cooler I got from Sam's Club for $27. I picked up two of them to fly sparge but I may just batch instead. Hope to be doing double batches in it soon.

mash tun 1.jpg

mash tun 2.jpg

mash tun 3.jpg

mash tun 4.jpg

Latest posts

Back