Baso Pilot Burner Attachment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhutter

Reaction score
Has anyone used a Baso pilot burner in conjunction with a Hurricane or Banjo burner? I have the pilots pictured below and they have a mounting bracket that accommodates a flame sensor for the thermocouple.

I was wondering if anyone could share the method they used to attach the pilot to the burner? I was thinking just using the pre-drilled holes the heat shield would attach to on the burner, but have not fired this pilot yet so I am not sure of the reach of the flame.

I am using the one on the right of this picture:
Pilots%20Catalog_400_430_372_400.jpg

Mounting the pilot burner is not that difficult, place a flat piece of wood on top of burner and set top of pilot flame guide to bottom of the wood, the gap between edge of flame guide and side of burner outlets should be about 1/2-5/8". You can carefully drill and tap side of burner casting for #6-32 screws and attach it that way if spacing is correct or fabricate spacers or a small piece of 14 gauge metal to hold it. When you set fire level it should just reach first row of burner openings ~ 3/4" flame and not touch casting, the flame angle from guide is roughly 45 degrees upwards.

I do not have a Baso pilot light but this is what I did for the mount,

I bought an L bracket from Homedepot and #10 x 3/8" for attaching to pilot bracket and #10x3/4" to attach the l bracket to my burner's frame. It worked great.

I talked to the local HVAC rep and he mentioned that the important this was to get it close so it lights up every time (DAH!!!).

Hope this helps.

Cheers! :tank:

Back