Brewing Podcast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WesternBrew

Reaction score
So I searched HBT for some recommendations on a brewing podcast. I love this site, tons of great information. Only problem is I can't read it while driving.

It seemed like a large majority of people liked BN's Sunday Session.

I had a few assumptions going into it so maybe that's my fault.
I thought that in one three hour podcast they might talk about brewing. Aside from the occasional belch I would have thought I downloaded the wrong podcast.

I listen to podcasts because they don't have the cheesy feel of commercial radio. The Session felt like commercial radio minus some content.

I listened to two full podcasts, now I feel like I've wasted six hours of my life that could have been better spent putting matches out on my eardrums.

Sorry for the venting.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a podcast that has a little more content about techniques or ingredients?

The Session is a fun podcast that talks to some quality folks from time to time, but it does not get into the nitty-gritty of brewing. I would listen to Brew Strong (also on th BN). Jamil Z and John Palmer do a GREAT job talking about techniques. I downloaded all of the podcasts and brought them with me in the car. It took me quite a while to get through them all but it was WELL worth it.

Brew Strong and Can You Brew It are great. I love the Sunday Session, but then I've been listening to them for 3-4 years, have gone back through the archives and listened to all the ones I've missed. The session has become a lot about craft brewers with homebrew topics mixed in from time to time. Last week they had Deschutes on and the second half was about what to do when attending craft beer festivals. There is a certain point of the night ( known as the meltdown ) where it becomes a lot of fart jokes and messing around.

I've tried listening the Basic Brewing Radio and while it has some great content, it bores the hell out of me.

No one is going to fault you if it isn't your thing. But some ( not you ) go out of their way to tell anyone who'll listen to them how much it sucks. I frequently suggest Basic Brewing Radio to people who ask this question and let them decide for themselves.

Brew Strong!!!!

There is a home brew podcast that's been around for about a year that targets the short-attention span listener. Because they know some podcasts can be a bit dry, they mix in relatively short to-the-point home brew topics with pop culture and brew tunes. It is hosted by two longtime, medal winning home brewers, one of which is a bjcp judge.

The podcast is a local community internet homebrew radio show on growradio.org (local to gainesville, fl) but the topics apply to any homebrewer. The show is called "Homebrew Talk" but is not affiliated with the homebrewtalk.com forum.

The podcasts are an hour long and always divided into 4 segments: homebrew fun facts/trivia, bjcp style spotlight, homebrew technique, beer news. Each segment is separated by a two-song brew tune break.

Podcasts can be found at http://www.hogtownbrewers.org/podcasts

Back