Tap Height On A Tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
I am adding a two tap PVC tower to my cube cooler kegerator.

How high should the taps be on the tower?

:confused:

I have been using picnic taps up til now, and have never really messed with fixed taps.

So, I would assume you would want enough room between the tap and the drip tray for a 45* pour.

Didn't know if there was some formula or "perfect height".

I have been using picnic taps up til now, and have never really messed with fixed taps.

So, I would assume you would want enough room between the tap and the drip tray for a 45* pour.

I've seen many pilsners in Europe poor into a straight 90* glass. If you have the room, might want to consider enough height for this.

I have tried to fill pitchers a few times and that is when I realized my taps were not high enough. If you have room, I'd make em fairly high. If your keezer opens against a wall, lower would probably be better but other than that, I guess potential splatter from the drip tray would be the only downside to mounting them higher.

LibbeyGlassware_55444.jpg

plus 10%

I think most people hold the glass when pouring so height shouldn't matter. Height vs stability. I would imagine you don't need it tall enough to fit a "Yard of Ale" type glass under it. :D I think my tower is about 18" tall. I don't have it here to measure. The height doesn't affect the pour. Just make sure and insulate it well to keep the lines cool. There's another thread around here that goes into using a thin copper tube as a sleeve to conduct the cold air from the fridge up into the tower to keep the lines cold, you might want to check that out also.

EDIT: My "Yard of Ale" comment was NOT a result of the above post, I'm just a slow typist. ;)

Back