Mike's Hard Clone help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechyDork

Dork of all Tech
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
ok, so i brewed an attempt at a hard lemonade a few months back, and now it has completed fermenting. OG was 1.080, and FG is 1.000. As you can expect this as a minor achohol burn, and is sour. My question is what can i do to give this more of a lemonade taste, i assume it will still have the burn of the alchohol, which is fine with me. :mug: I just want to make it have more of the lemonade taste again.

can i add more lemonade concentrate and then prime and bottle?

I have some splenda, but in the samples i have used it to sweeten i have not been to satisfied with the taste.

what are my options at this point? I can't keg and force carb, should i just add some concentrate and some table sugar and then bottle?

Help!!!
Here is the recipe that i used, this was a 5 gallon batch, with a 2 gallon boil.

1.00 lb Light Dry Extract (8.0 SRM) Dry Extract 23.53 %
8.00 items Frozen Juice Concentrate (Primary 2.0 weeks) Misc
3.00 lb Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0.0 SRM) Sugar 70.59 %
0.25 lb Sugar, Table (Sucrose) (1.0 SRM) Sugar 5.88 %
0.50 tsp Yeast Nutrient (Primary 3.0 days) Misc
2 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

what are my options at this point? I can't keg and force carb, should i just add some concentrate and some table sugar and then bottle?

Help!!!
Here is the recipe that i used, this was a 5 gallon batch, with a 2 gallon boil.

Any concentrate or sugar you add will just start the fermentation process again. You can keep the taste about the same and add priming sugar for bottling. Or you can kill off the yeast, back sweeten (with concentrate/sugar) and bottle without carbonation. The only way to get it sweetened and carbed would be to force carb in a keg.

Any concentrate or sugar you add will just start the fermentation process again. You can keep the taste about the same and add priming sugar for bottling. Or you can kill off the yeast, back sweeten (with concentrate/sugar) and bottle without carbonation. The only way to get it sweetened and carbed would be to force carb in a keg.

What is the best way to kill off the yeast? What do i need to add?

What is the best way to kill off the yeast? What do i need to add?

Potassium sorbate and campden.
Add the campden first and wait for a few hours otherwise the sorbate can make off flavors.

Back