Moving the brewery...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobeer

Fermentation Specalist
Reaction score
Moving a home brewery is rough. I would have never known i had accumulated so much brew stuff. This pic doesn't even include the tap system, kegs, or the brewhouse. And yes... that's 8 gallons or so of fermenting beer i have to move too... my new place is going to be a squeeze but hopefully I can make it work.

View attachment 1453852740954.jpg

So my fridge for the taps won't fit in my little brew space. The fridge is 66 inches high and the space is 66.4 inches high. The issue is a pvc drain pipe from the hvac runs across the floor. Its so tight of a space i don't have the clearance to lift the fridge over the pipe and into its spot... i might have to sell it and go the chest freezer and htc1000 route now. Moving sucks!

Can you cut out / remove and replace the pipe? May be easier than changing your dispense set up.

That was my first thought as well. PVC pipe is very easy to work with. Get a hack saw, cut a section out, slide in your kegerator, get two fittings and some pipe sealer, and put the pipe back together. Easy peasy.

Good luck with the rest of your move, I moved last year and didn't realize how much stuff I had collected until it was in my new garage. My old house didn't have a garage so I had stuff spread out all over the house so to see it all in 1 place was a surprise.

And I agree with cutting the pipe, it will be easier than building a new dispenser.

I moved about 8 months ago and I had to leave most of my stuff behind in storage , its rough but hope your progressing well and cant wait to get my stuff here asap

Yeah curious how the fridge fit, that pipe should only carry some condensation in the summer time if you do cut the pipe get two unions to put back in stead of couplings the unions can be easily disconnected and put back anytime

Yeah curious how the fridge fit, that pipe should only carry some condensation in the summer time if you do cut the pipe get two unions to put back in stead of couplings the unions can be easily disconnected and put back anytime

I haven't moved the fridge into the area with the pipe yet. We're still unpacking and the fridge is happy in the extra room in the basement as of now. I'll probably get around do it this summer at some point. I'll try to remember to report back as to how it went. It'll be a tight fit!

Don't believe it's a weight thing, it's a clearance thing. (Love those moving straps tho, two people can move some heavy stuff with them)

Oh, I thought you were having trouble lifting it up and over the pipe on the floor.

Oh, I thought you were having trouble lifting it up and over the pipe on the floor.

While I will probably need some help getting the fridge out of where it is now the main issue is the height of the fridge fitting into where I was planning for it to go. We still have a little unpacking to do but once I get back to dealing with the fridge I'll let you know if it fit or not after I cut the condensation pipe. :mug:

Back