What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clos St. John Chaeteauneuf Du Pape and Lagunitas Sucks...love em both. More than likely will end up with a Firestone Union Jack, a Lagunitas Maximus and if everything goes to.plan my homebrewed Kolsch to ring in the new year. Happy New Year folks.

Fort Collins Brewery- common ground. An amber coffee ale.Didnt plan on drinking it but im going to drink the rest of this abv-mystery beer.With the coffee for an amber it is like a nutty amber/light brown ale with nutty coffee.Not a robust espresso coffe but a light ground coffee.

Just ordered a köstitzer schwartzbeir.
We're bar-hopping in ballard, we had to leave because the last bar had no beers on tap and considered heinikin their best beer (judging by the price)

My last beer of 2011 is a homebrewed Weizenbock "tribute" to the wonderful Schneider "Aventinus".

bengerman said:
Just ordered a köstitzer schwartzbeir.
We're bar-hopping in ballard, we had to leave because the last bar had no beers on tap and considered heinikin their best beer (judging by the price)

Drank a 5L mini keg of Kostritzer the other night. Loved it.

Drinking my first attempt at all grain brew. Its a simple pale ale using only cascade hops, my american original.

Draining an almost full keg of English Brown that has picked up a bad smell and is starting to take on the same taste. This happened 3 weeks ago with a 1/3 full keg of Irish Red. Nor sure what is causing it. The stout and apfelwein on the same co2 tank taste fine. Afraid to put my pale ale and altbeir in the kegerator right now.

Had some people over last night, only me and one other guy drinking the homebrew, but managed to almost kill a keg that was 3/4 full of my first all-grain pale ale. It was tasting really good, and is one of the most drinkable beers Ive ever had. Need to rebrew this one soon.

A cider I brewed in October - but I had a couple of glasses of my Xmas stout earlier. I'm having a nice, mellow, long weekend....enjoying my pipeline before the grind starts again Tues...

AHS English Honey Bitter. Back to the grind on Tuesday (regular job...). Wife's b'day Friday. Then, looking for a couple of days to veg. in Jan. Haven't had a day to do that since October (yeah, I know, whine whine, whine...:)

Lagunitas MAXIMUS. It is as epic as it sounds. I love it. It's a standard in this house. Cheers everyone.

I am drinking Pyramid Snow Cap. I'm waiting for my espresso stout and bipa to finish conditioning, and too scared to drink the rest of my homebrews because it will kill my pipeline. Next time I will make sure I have a solid pipeline set up before brewing a double batch of heavy beer... Oh well, you live and learn.

Two Hearted,Millstream -Dark Night belgian style rye- Eel River Porter, also had a Brau Bros. Hundred Yard Dash= blew the 2 hearted away!

Love their Raging *****...but alas Flying Dog no longer sells in AZ :(

Drinking Dry Heat Wheat... (homebrew)

WTF arizona/Flying Dog? why deprive such a large state of a great craft brew. They also have a Oyster Stout (Pearl Necklace), but it's not being bottled this year, its only on tap at select places in MD. The Kujo is the $hit, 8.9%, its what u look for in a coffee stout.

Hoppin Frogs B.O.R.I.S. Bodacious Oatmeal Russian Imperial Stout.

9.4% and friggin good. I've been drinking these like crazy lately. Gotta love winter.

I also have a D.O.R.I.S. (Double Oatmeal Russian Imperial Stout) in my garage fridge clocking in at something like 10.6%. Thatll be consumed on another night.

Napa Smith Brewery Organic IPA, very good!!!

ForumRunner_20120101_220951.jpg

Hoppin Frogs B.O.R.I.S. Bodacious Oatmeal Russian Imperial Stout.

9.4% and friggin good. I've been drinking these like crazy lately. Gotta love winter.

I also have a D.O.R.I.S. (Double Oatmeal Russian Imperial Stout) in my garage fridge clocking in at something like 10.6%. Thatll be consumed on another night.

That sounds really good! Is it super smooth?

My Belgian Strong Dark Ale that I made for Holiday presents. This bottle seems a bit under carbed. I have about 4 bottles left that I won't touch for a while to see how it ages.

My Belgian Strong Dark Ale that I made for Holiday presents. This bottle seems a bit under carbed. I have about 4 bottles left that I won't touch for a while to see how it ages.

Did you cork and cage? Did you add more yeast for bottling? I am doing a Belgian dark next week and I'll be bottling it in 750's as gifts for my groomsmen. I am starting to look into information on bottling into 750's

I forgot..I am drinking a bottle of Piraat. Pretty damn good!

Did you cork and cage? Did you add more yeast for bottling? I am doing a Belgian dark next week and I'll be bottling it in 750's as gifts for my groomsmen. I am starting to look into information on bottling into 750's

I forgot..I am drinking a bottle of Piraat. Pretty damn good!

I did cork and cage these. I think the under carbing is due to the fact that its a 10% abv beer and its only been 2 months since I bottled them. I was on the fence about getting the colona corker and the bottles and all that but I am so glad I did now. People really liked it as gifts, my cousins and I have a beer club and it went over real well at our Christmas tasting. I printed labels on resume paper to give it a fancy look. I found Rebel brewer the cheapest place for me to buy bottles with shipping factored in. My advice would be to figure out exactly how far in the cork needs to go so the cage is under the lip of the opening. The bottles I had like that the cork came right out, some I pushed in too far and they are a pain to get the cork out. If you use the colona, once you push the cork in a bit, pull the plate out, then push the lever the rest of the way to push the bottle out. If you have any questions pm me, there are some good threads on the subject and a BYO article.

Victory- Hop Wallop & my last New Glarus Unplugged Imperial Weizen- startin off the new year pretty nice fininishin up my stash of commercial to make room to chill mine and gotta make room for some more pipeline by drinkin my past homebrews up better.
Also having my last Green Flash West Coast IPA- 95 ibu's? i would have never known-nice beer yeast chunky though.

Back