Seeking opinions - (kegging)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjer

Reaction score
I've got a couple hundred bucks in paypal, and it is earmarked for brewing equipment. I currently have a AG set up and still dabble in the extracts if I don't have the time to do an AG batch. Anyway, I don't know what to get first. I am thinking about a cheap conical, i.e. Minibrew 6.5 gal, or buliding a fermentaion chamber and getting a 2 stage digital controller to keep tight ferm temp control OR a corny keg system. Any opinions are welcome and appreciated!

Other info:
I've got a good burner and big BK so I full boils. When I do AG, I use a cooler MT and HLT set-up. Use bucket and carboy 2-stage ferm system. Bottle into mostly 1 liter and .5 liter ez top bottles and ferment in my Garage that stays between 62f in winter to 75f in summer. All ales or steam style (Wyeast 2112) lagers. :confused:

Get the keg system.

Get the keg system.

Get the keg system.

Get the keg system!

Brewing became so much easier when I started kegging. I over paid for my original set up and have replaced the entire thing over the years. I recommend looking on ebay and piecing the thing together your self. You’ll get a better system for a lot cheaper.

So I guess Kegging is my choice.

So, next question is; what are the exact components that I need to assemble a complete kegging system (should I do the Ebay route).
I Know: Keg(s)
CO2 bottle (what size?)
A regulator
Tap and hoses.....just don't know any specifics as I have yet to plunge into kegging.

Thanks y'all

Kegging system! I probably would have bailed out of brewing if I had to bottle. I like being able to run samples from all of my kegs or pull an Imperial pint. 15 kegs are much easier to deal with than 750 bottles. And if you are a hophead, you can re-dryhop as needed with a keg.

So, next question is; what are the exact components that I need to assemble a complete kegging system (should I do the Ebay route).
I Know: Keg(s)
CO2 bottle (what size?)
A regulator
Tap and hoses.....just don't know any specifics as I have yet to plunge into kegging.

Thanks y'all

Take a look here.

You profile doesn't say where you are but I really liked doing business with these guys: http://www.homebrewing.org/ for my kegs and kegging equipt

Depending on where you are shipping distance can increase or decrease your total the price

Also since you mentioned a conical check out the Norwesco induction tank from: www.gvminc.com their web site sux but the tank is cool
a 15 gal. tank 60214 and stand 60313 would be less expensive than that 6.5 gal. minibrew unit and great for jumping to 10 gal batches.

These guys also have them but they aren't as good
http://www.plastic-mart.com/class.php?item=135

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...SPlastic&category_name=20726&product_id=33150

Going to 10 gal batches and kegging were the 2 best decisions I made as far as time savings and making things easier.

Latest posts

Back