Super Cyser??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Stupid text to speech^

Are you wanting to bottle it still? Or carbonate?
At this point, how much of a difference is 16 and 18% or whatever the difference is?
Rack to secondary while there's still a bit of active fermentation going and age it. If you wait until the yeast dies, you'll oxidize it. Or, I forget, maybe you racked already.
If you want to keep pushing the limits, you could pitch some super high gravity yeast.

No I haven't racked it yet. I just wanted to make sure it had enough sugar to finish first. We do not plan to use chemicals here, so I wanted to brew something that could be bottled from the keg later and be stable. I should rack it though I know it. I was thinking about purging a carboy and racking under pressure but it would be easier to rack it now. Tomorrow, tomorrow is the day, I will take another reading and decide if I want to add more FAJC or not and rack it. I need the 30L Speidel for a batch of Pappy's pub cider anyway.
:mug::mug:

Lol. Stupid text to speech^

Are you wanting to bottle it still? Or carbonate?
At this point, how much of a difference is 16 and 18% or whatever the difference is?
Rack to secondary while there's still a bit of active fermentation going and age it. If you wait until the yeast dies, you'll oxidize it. Or, I forget, maybe you racked already.
If you want to keep pushing the limits, you could pitch some super high gravity yeast.

You really got me thinking last night so I checked the s.g. , it was down to 1.016. So we added four more cans of FAJC which brought the s.g. to 1.026. I tasted it at 1.016 and decided that I liked it better the last time I tasted it at 1.025. I want the yeast dead from alcohol toxicity, if it manages to use up too much sugar I will sweeten it later.

This morning we racked it to secondary. We ended up with a 20L Speidel full up the neck, a one gallon glass jug full and a 1\2 gallon AJ jug full. Damn rubber stoppers :mad::mad::mad: I finally got the one in the AJ jug to stay but the one gallon glass jug keeps spitting it out.:confused::confused:
Anyway I am nervous that we were too late and fermentation had stopped already. The air lock on the Speidel is starting to slowly work again so I am hoping there is a little more fermentation happening yet. Though it is, by my calculations, at 17% now.:drunk: But I do think it is still going a bit, I will check it again in a couple days. I am thinking about hooking up the Speidel to c02 for taking samples as I am freaked out about oxidizing it now.
We will keg 5 gallons and to carb and probably bottle the rest still. We have never bottled (decided to go straight to kegs) so I will have to figure all that out next.

This stuff is still going!!!!! I checked three days ago and the s.g. was 1.024 now it is 1.022. for approximately 17.75% now.

Will it ever stop?

:mug::mug:

Sounds like it's on its way there.
Getting pretty cool there in North CA at night. Keep it warm.

Been a year now. How'd this turn out? Guessing you had to age it quite a bit.

This is still aging, and needs it. I dont know how "good" it will ever be it is still kinda alcohol hot and sickly sweet. Though my wife has been drinking it here and there mixed with ginger ale, which is quite good actually. I also bottled up some of it to save long term so time will tell.

Back