What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got home to see a bomb from Gabe.

ForumRunner_20131129_223027.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
How is it?

Did the "WOW" not cover it? ;)

It's very good! Not too boozy and a nice bourbon aroma and flavor. I'll probably stash the other three away out of sight for as long as possible, though, to see how it develops.

Nope. I was sick, and then taking a long time to recover. I've got a personal rule, I don't drink when I'm sick. The alcohol tends to mask the the symptoms and I end up doing something stupid. That, and I figure my body doesn't need to deal with the alcohol along with the rest of the toxins from the disease.

I've been drinking a bit for the last few days, but only one a day. I'm still way more tired then I should be.

I settled for some quick and dirty orange soda with a touch of vodka. That's probably going to be it for tonight.

Gotcha...that's a good rule. Good to see you back on. Get better and get back to making and drinking at full speed soon buddy.

Speaking of, I'm pouring my second Grandma and just realized I've got almost a case of homemade rice wine downstairs. Could be a long (or early) night.

WesleyS said:
I'll have to trade for some of that one day.
Sells out fast over here even at 15$ my shop got more in of regular and Natale. I was hoping for the BBA version that was just released but no such luck!

On the coff, getting ready to head out for a morning hunt. Unfortunately I have to go spend time with family this afternoon so I won't be able to stay for the afternoon. :(

Think I'm getting sick. No beer for me last night and a sore throat this morning. Coincidence or punishment for not drinking last night? This sucks.

Swarley88 said:
Quite tasty, worth picking up for sure. I wish Surly canned up the Cacao Bender I had on tap over there last week. (Bender with vanilla beans, cacao, and coffee)

I might have to get my parents to look for the Vanilla Buffalo Sweat when they get back home.

I bet that Surly was awesome!

tyzippers said:
Think I'm getting sick. No beer for me last night and a sore throat this morning. Coincidence or punishment for not drinking last night? This sucks.

You are correct. It is definitely punishment for not drinking last night. Now what did you learn?
;)

finsfan said:
Man I missed a lot last night. Seems like evryone either had a BCBS or a breakfast stout, I get neither :(
The shop I frequent according to GI is their biggest account in New England. They didn't get any yesterday, so they said to try back Monday!

Jasmine Tea. Heating strike water for brew number one. I guess I need to settle on a recipe.

The shop I frequent according to GI is their biggest account in New England. They didn't get any yesterday, so they said to try back Monday!

There was a line 40-50 people long at my go-to bottle shop yesterday morning, so I didn't even bother. The owner told me that all the people who got the vanilla and the barleywine were in line 2 hours before opening. There's a lesser known spot that still has BCBS and BCBCS this morning, but it's on the other side of Philly. I guess it's worth it...maybe.

Dave1096 said:
There was a line 40-50 people long at my go-to bottle shop yesterday morning, so I didn't even bother. The owner told me that all the people who got the vanilla and the barleywine were in line 2 hours before opening. There's a lesser known spot that still has BCBS and BCBCS this morning, but it's on the other side of Philly. I guess it's worth it...maybe.
I have a small shop that I can get a guaranteed case of bcbs even KBS when it hits. I just want to try the variants!

Drinking some coffee and getting ready to head out to Total Wine, they just got in BCBS and I feel like I should grab some to see what the hype is about

Finally feel like I'm over this cold, the Dirty Bastard last night might have killed it... Finished me off as well!

Pressure Drop Pale Fire hoppy pale.

ForumRunner_20131130_162024.png

Very good, as usual from these guys!

Back