help with decision

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slatorian

Reaction score
hey, so im about to bottle my first batch and i was looking for guidance for another tasty brew decision. im looking for something that will be done by end of july/mid august, so something pretty drinkable for the remaining summertime is my idea. btw, im sticking with extract but i can always steep some grains too. thinking like a northern brewer/brewers best kind of kit. thanks for any help. looking forward to my first batch, let alone all future ones :tank:

That my friend is up to you entirely. What was you're first batch, out of curiosity? I would recommend something with a low OG (around 1.045 or so) so it will be ready to drink sooner.

I just made a wheat kit from my LHBS and added a bit of crystal malt and some extra hops, cause that's how I roll. I'm hoping it will be done in 4 weeks so I can drink it for the rest of the summer.

hey, so im about to bottle my first batch and i was looking for guidance for another tasty brew decision. im looking for something that will be done by end of july/mid august, so something pretty drinkable for the remaining summertime is my idea. btw, im sticking with extract but i can always steep some grains too. thinking like a northern brewer/brewers best kind of kit. thanks for any help. looking forward to my first batch, let alone all future ones :tank:

I agree lower gravity makes the most sense. I just picked up extract kits (with specialty grains) from AHS: Agave wit and their ESB, both of which I'm very excited to brew.

thanks for the quick turnaround on responses. i have a weisbier from brewers best kit in primary about ready to be bottled. fg sitting at about 1.014 which is in the target range. i like the idea of the wheat and lower gravity since its summer, i also like a bit of citrus and floral notes in my beer without them being too overpowering. i was thinking of going with a northern brewer kit this time because a lot of people seem to like their kits. i think i like the T-can and bearcat's wheaten beatdown. has anybody made this one? interested in how it came out. thanks again

If you can ferment at 60F, try a Cal Common with Simcoe instead of Northern Brewer. Move a decent portion of your IBUs to later in the boil, dryhop for the last week of fermentation.

Try Midwest supplies Amarillo Pale Ale kit. I just opened my first bottle of it last night, brewed 4/18, quite tasty!! I used the wyeast northwest ale and I dry hopped it w/an oz of amarillos. (dry hops don't come with kit). It's basically a SNPA kit with amarillo in place of cascade.

Back